• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Place of coins

13 posts in this topic

If your score is the same and one set has pictures / descriptions and the other doesn't the set with them will rank higher. The ranking system rewards putting effort into presentation / display.

It's worth noting that there's no assessment in the quality of the comment description in the ranking. You can just put "PF 70" or even just "BLAH!" As long as there is some kind of text there it shows as having a comment and you get credit for it in the rankings.

Sounds like a simple solution to your problem, and that you are going to fix it, so let me be the first to congratulate you for your upcoming  #1 ranking set :)

26 minutes ago, lcs1129 said:

Revenant

Thank you for your answers and concern. I now have a better understanding and will adjust.

Thanks again 

Lew

Glad it helps / helped. When you're dealing with ranking / scoring algorithms, sometimes you just have to "check the boxes."

• Administrator
2 hours ago, lcs1129 said:

Revenant

Thank you for your answers and concern. I now have a better understanding and will adjust.

Thanks again 

Lew

Hello, Lew.

Here is other information you may find helpful: https://coins.www.collectors-society.com/AboutRegistry.aspx. You may also reach us at registry@NGCcoin.com

So now NGC accepts PCGS coins for US Sets but get penalized for using them? It used to be that you could win best in Category if you used some PCGS but then you probably wouldn't get NGC best in category, Now you can't even get to number 1 if you tie the top scores). That's very disappointing. I liked the old way much better and 99 percent of my coins are NGC. 

Check Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Proofs, Including Varieties. I'm second because I registered two PCGS coins. Not cool lol

1 hour ago, Kominsky Collection said:

So now NGC accepts PCGS coins for US Sets but get penalized for using them? It used to be that you could win best in Category if you used some PCGS but then you probably wouldn't get NGC best in category, Now you can't even get to number 1 if you tie the top scores). That's very disappointing. I liked the old way much better and 99 percent of my coins are NGC. 

Check Silver Eagles, 1986-Date, Proofs, Including Varieties. I'm second because I registered two PCGS coins. Not cool lol

Would you be happier if they just lowered the points for PCGS coins by 5-10% as some have suggested so you get a lower score than the all NGC sets?

31 minutes ago, Revenant said:

Would you be happier if they just lowered the points for PCGS coins by 5-10% as some have suggested so you get a lower score than the all NGC sets?

I've never heard that ludicrous suggestion until now. The old way: one award for Best in Category and another for NGC Best in Category served us well for many years. This new rule - if it's a new rule - is senseless. At a minimum this PCGS penalty should have been clearly stated at every possible chance, hell it should have been shouted from the rooftops. Rule changes cost some of us a lot of $$. No bueno!

• Administrator
On 12/31/2019 at 4:21 PM, Kominsky Collection said:

Hello.

PCGS coins receive the same NGC Registry scores as NGC coins. If there is a tie in a set category, then the number of NGC coins does come into play: About the NGC Registry. Our programmers are looking into your rank in that set category. We will email you when we hear an answer. Thank you.