• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Labels for Silver Eagles

6 posts in this topic

How do I find out the quantities of certain labels from NGC on American Silver Eagles? For instance How many 2017 S PF70s Congratulations set Mercanti signed eagles were produced with this Specific label?. I am trying to dial down from the total mintage quantities to the total graded with that exact label.

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

By clicking on the graphic next to the date that looks a bit like a ladder, it opens up the breakdown of all the different certifications for that particular issue. Here's what you'll see for the 2017-S Proof Silver Eagle:

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/united-states/american-eagles-and-bullion-coins/76/varieties/711951/

A great many labels are missing, however. Where is the Eagle Core, the Statue of Liberty Core, the Retro black, blue or red Core, the West Point Core...and so on? Prices for 2020 silver eagles with the West Point Core are much higher than say the Eagle Core. Why? Where can I find out how many of these frames have been issued?

Edited by Felonious

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Not all of the labels have separate line entries. Only those coins having separate text descriptions are delineated.

4 hours ago, DWLange said:

Not all of the labels have separate line entries. Only those coins having separate text descriptions are delineated.

Thanks for that. Do you know how many of these frames (photo attached) for the 2020 burnished silver eagles are being produced? So far it's the most expensive unsigned NGC frame on presale for this issue, but I don't know if it's a good buy because there is no way to find out the likely numbers.

s-l1600.jpg