• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"MOBY " 1975 proof no mint mark..WHAT DK U KNOW

14 posts in this topic

I have reached out to many con dealers about this coin, for some reason nobody knows nothing..

i get it!!! About reviling secrets about coin collecting...

if your NOT GOING TO BE 100% on this JUST DONT BOTHER...I'm looking for confirmation on my coin and help cause i dont have the money to beable to grade my coin..but i am aware of a coin coming up to be able to get my answer...

THANK U FOR YOUR INSITE..

Again, another cryptic post without a specific question. 

Gilbert,  please remember that none of us are mind readers, and although you know what you are trying to say, no one on these boards will know unless you make yourself very clear. 

Do you have an actual question about a specific coin?

7 minutes ago, Just Bob said:

Again, another cryptic post without a specific question. 

Gilbert,  please remember that none of us are mind readers, and although you know what you are trying to say, no one on these boards will know unless you make yourself very clear. 

Do you have an actual question about a specific coin?

The question was in both the title and subject what do you know about the 1975 proof no mint mark coin that involves the character Moby

Just now, GilbertRowland said:

The question was in both the title and subject what do you know about the 1975 proof no mint mark coin that involves the character Moby

Just five I believe that I found the coin that is a 1975 no proof Moby coin that is the top coin that everybody wants in the US currency modern coins... if you don't know anything about this queen I'm going to tell you there is actual engraving of the character Moby  in the hair.. on the forehead on the eyebrow on your eyelash on the eye on the nose with an inscription on the lips on the dimples with inscription on the outer ear lobe and the hole of the ear which would bring it in Moby as I would call A Perfect 10 on the dime have you ever seen such a coin not just seen one but within description on the nose nostril

21 hours ago, GilbertRowland said:

actual engraving of the character Moby  in the hair

Like, Moby the electronic music guy?  I don't know any other "character" by the name of Moby.  There is a 1975 10c Proof "No S" that would be valuable.  Or a 1975 5c Business Strike Misplaced D that's got a little juice.  

Based on the title, though, I think you might be referring to the dime.  Is this it?  They're extremely scarce.

https://coinweek.com/modern-coins/1975-no-s-roosevelt-dime-a-modern-rarity-worth-big-bucks/

On 12/16/2019 at 6:38 PM, GilbertRowland said:

True, there was a question in the title, but it was not a question about a specific coin.  Do you have a question about a specific coin? If so, is it a foreign coin? Is it an American coin? What denomination is this coin? What exactly is a "Moby?"All of these questions need to be answered for us in order for us to try to help you. As I stated before, none of us are mind readers, and only you know exactly what you're asking about.

Frist everyone has good jokes,I did enjoy..so I'm not the one smoking crack...lol...

2nd in my title I mention 1975 proof dime no mint mark that mobydick is involved with this date, and I asked WHAT DO U KNOW..SO i will asked like a 5th graded student ..Guys and gals "What if any do u know about the number one coin every major coin collector want, and i mean the 1975 proof dime that has no mint mark, but it is suppose to have the S mint mark on it, but dose not..?????

ONE MORE TIME

WHAT DO U KNOW?????????LOL!!!!!!!!@!!!

3 hours ago, GilbertRowland said:

Frist everyone has good jokes,I did enjoy..so I'm not the one smoking crack...lol...

2nd in my title I mention 1975 proof dime no mint mark that mobydick is involved with this date, and I asked WHAT DO U KNOW..SO i will asked like a 5th graded student ..Guys and gals "What if any do u know about the number one coin every major coin collector want, and i mean the 1975 proof dime that has no mint mark, but it is suppose to have the S mint mark on it, but dose not..?????

ONE MORE TIME

WHAT DO U KNOW?????????LOL!!!!!!!!@!!!

As Seargent Schulz would say..

I know that there are only two known 1975 no S proof dimes and it is the "Great White Whale" (Moby ) for the VERY serious and VERY well heeled Roosevelt dime collectors.  I know you are NOT going to find them in circulation or coin roll hunting.

Edited by Conder101

OK, now we have an understandable question!  Conder has already nailed it.  If you found one in a sealed proof set, then you may have something.  If you think you found one in circulation or in a roll, then it is a regular business strike.