• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much could I get for an American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin

15 posts in this topic

46 minutes ago, soundofsilence said:

I just got an American Eagle 2019 One Ounce Silver Enhanced Reverse Proof Coin from the US Mint. How much do you think I could sell it for? https://catalog.usmint.gov/american-eagle-2019-one-ounce-silver-enhanced-reverse-proof-coin-19XE.html

I know absolutely nothing about coin collecting.

May I then ask why you bought one?

8 minutes ago, soundofsilence said:

Well aren't you curious. I bought one because I knew they were valuable, but I don't know exactly how valuable. Can you just answer the question?

The question was probably asked because this is a coin collecting site. Not a place for rude non-collectors to get price values.

7 minutes ago, soundofsilence said:

Well aren't you curious. I bought one because I knew they were valuable, but I don't know exactly how valuable. Can you just answer the question?

Being a smart aleck will not win you any friends here, nor will it convince anyone to go out of their way to help you.

This issue is so new, that determining a value is difficult at this point. Your best option, as bsshog40 said, is to check completed auctions and private sales on sites like Ebay.

14 hours ago, soundofsilence said:

I don't know exactly how valuable.

Precisely. And neither do any of us. It is far too early to tell what a fair market value is on this coin. All we have right now is speculative fervor, and in that, the market changes literally by the minute, both directions.

27 minutes ago, VKurtB said:

Precisely. And neither do any of us. It is far too early to tell what a fair market value is on this coin. All we have right now is speculative fervor, and in that, the market changes literally by the minute, both directions.

VKurtB- are you Bradley Whitford??

1 hour ago, soundofsilence said:

VKurtB- are you Bradley Whitford??

Not him himself, but my job is closely related to what his character did on "West Wing". So if you asked, "Am I Josh Lyman?", the answer is, "I am a Josh Lyman."

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/18/2019 at 10:27 AM, soundofsilence said:

How much do you think I could sell it for?

I would pay what the mint is selling it for. This is is by all means not a valuation on the coin but rather what I would pay for it. Why would I pay more? in terms of collecting. I am not rushing into it because there is no limit on mint amount, could be hundreds of thousands. 

They are hyping it because the mintage is "only" 30K, and lower than the 1995-W proof. Well guess why that one was so low. You could only get it "free" with a 1995 gold set, at $999 in 1995, and there was no mintage limit other than who could afford to shell out a thou for a coin set.

So if they had made this an unlimited mintage, but charged $999 for it, how many do you think would sell? If they charged $200, how many? Sometimes setting a limit makes MORE coins sell than in an unlimited issue. Doubt that? Check out the mintage numbers on some recent commemorative clad half dollars. Amazingly few sold. EVERY COIN in the 2017 Boys Town Centennial commemorative program is rarer than this new ASE is.

Edited by VKurtB

On 11/18/2019 at 8:41 PM, soundofsilence said:

Can you just answer the question?

Whatever someone will pay you for it.  Right now they are between $400 and $800 for raw or 69's, 70's are all over the map.

8 hours ago, VKurtB said:

You could only get it "free" with a 1995 gold set, at $999 in 1995, and there was no mintage limit other than who could afford to shell out a thou for a coin set.

The mintage on the goold set was unlimited, but the silver eagle did have an upper limit of 50K.