• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MINT RARITY RELEASED "W" 25C

8 posts in this topic

In previous posts I laid out some possibilities for the circulating rarity that the mint was tight lipped on....

One of our assumptions turned out correct!!!

On Feb. 15th in the "Circ. Rarity U.S. Mint Release" Topic I started I suggested that a West Point Mint marked quarter Rarity could be what the mint was hinting at....

FORUM MEMBER "CONDOR 101" ALSO SUGGESTED THE LOW CIRCULATING MINTAGE FOR THE QUARTER ALSO WITH AN "S" OR "W" MINTMARK...HIS ESTIMATE OF 10 MILLION FOR THE MINTS RARITY NUMBER IS CORRECT!!!

The information and conversations that NGC Chat Forums Inspire is AMAZING!!! There are knowledgeable persons contributing here and just like in Grading...our Forum & Posts are TOP TIER....Thanks NGC!!!

This just scratches the surface of the possibilities that lie ahead in Modern Numismatics, the opportunities afforded to us by the U.S. Mint will surely help get more people to enter into Our Hobby!!! Possibly our Hosts will develop a Special Holder for these coins also??? 

U.S. Mint News, and all the major Coin News Publications are covering this announcement now. 

https://www.usmint.gov/news/inside-the-mint/mint-releases-first-ever-w-quarters-into-circulation?fbclid=IwAR3UPadASnZSj0xKrUHxzoHHwkwXYvZRkr1RgCBcHbgcYqq-ihman7eVNzA

I know many feel the U.S. Mint sometimes is behind on progressively enforcing new Artistic Designs and Program Implementations but this is a major step in the Right Direction!!!....peace 

Look like the prices have dropped pretty considerably on these.  That's a good thing for people who want them for their collections, not so good for guys like me who are looking for a flip.  But $30-$40 for a quarter found in circulation still isn't too shabby.  I'm still in the hunt!  I'm glad the price is going down some though.....I sell enough coins for my collecting needs.....I would really like to see collectors who want them for their collections to get the majority of these.  The price drop may make this easier for them if it discourages some of the really big companies from buying them all up.  Best of luck to all of you!

Edited by Mohawk