• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LOOKING FOR SOME PLATINUM

4 posts in this topic

I know of several sites where i can buy plat, but my question is, does anyone know of any sites that sell precious metals at spot? Or even just a little under spot? Thanks for your time and consideration.

Peter

Sure, buy a futures contract on the comex and let it come to term.  Of course for gold or platinum that contract would be I think 5,000 oz, 25,000 for silver.  For small quantities you'll have to hang out a shingle offering to buy precious metals from the public, become your own "We buy gold" place.  Other than that you can sell precious metals for a little less than spot (to someone else's we buy gold.) but you aren't going to buy it.

2 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Sure, buy a futures contract on the comex and let it come to term.  Of course for gold or platinum that contract would be I think 5,000 oz, 25,000 for silver.  For small quantities you'll have to hang out a shingle offering to buy precious metals from the public, become your own "We buy gold" place.  Other than that you can sell precious metals for a little less than spot (to someone else's we buy gold.) but you aren't going to buy it.

I dont have the capital to trade futures, but I was thinking of maybe dabbling in buying an etf such as PPLT. Id rather be able to hold a platinum bar or round in my hand though. 

On 3/29/2019 at 5:58 AM, BipolarBaby said:

rather be able to hold a platinum bar or round in my hand though. 

Every dealer I come across usually sells platinum at spot or plus $10. Many seem to not wanna get stuck with it...now if your talking key dates, that's a little tougher...I'm on some waiting lists for those to add to the stacks...with platinum I'd suggest snagging the common date coins with common reverses that no one cares about...they are still platinum and can be bought sometimes for under spot...