• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Does anyone here sell 'raw' ancients on ebay ?

5 posts in this topic

I've got some of these that aren't really worth authenticating. I was wondering if raw stuff like this can bring anywhere near their actual value.

Assuming, of course, decent photos and attribution.

I used to, stopped because the ones not worth grading uneducated buyers figured were counterfeit and I got so many messages...pain in the....I noticed those that did sell anyway were way under...I pulled all of them raw except a few select and cut a deal with an expert I met on the road in Texas...highly intelligent and honorable man, enjoys helping with ancients....we both had a similar work background and got along great...met him at Richardson or Grapevine Show, can't remember, I still have his info though....he also taught me alot in short time...no where what I need though on ancient...lifetime of learning there...peace

On 12/18/2018 at 4:00 AM, Numismatic, A.A.S. said:

I used to, stopped because the ones not worth grading uneducated buyers figured were counterfeit

Yes they want them slabbed, of course the TPG won't guarantee authenticity on ancients either.  They want holders that DON"T guarantee authenticity .

18 hours ago, Conder101 said:

Yes they want them slabbed, of course the TPG won't guarantee authenticity on ancients either.  They want holders that DON"T guarantee authenticity .

That is kinda funny !