• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New to this forum

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I mess up a little. I have collected coins off and on for around 40-45 yrs.

I collect whatever catches my interest (within budget) from ancient to modern coins, rounds, medals, or tokens. I also have a sense of humor which can get me into trouble from time to time. (see profile pic) I will try to behave though, and treat others with respect.

I'm looking forward to contributing, and absorbing, what this forum has to offer.

John.

(P.S.) this is one of my newest pickups. (at spot) I already had the other two pieces. (10¢ & 25¢)

s-l400 (48).jpg

s-l400 (49).jpg

Hello and Welcome John!

This is a great place to talk coins and there is such a great community of really knowledgeable people here.  I think you'll enjoy being a part of our community!

~Tom

On 9/10/2018 at 11:03 PM, Just Bob said:

Welcome, John. :hi:

Do your medals and tokens follow a theme?

I just collect what appeals to me now. I no longer wish to collect all of a specific type, date/MM, rather I want just one nice example of the piece. 

Thanks to all that replied to this thread.

John.

Below is two examples of tokens/medals that I purchased simply because I liked the looks of them.

#1 is from a set (Medallic Arts Co.)  honoring great coin designers. (7 oz.)  #2 is a Dan Carr (Cobb) (38gms)

IMG_20170617_221909.jpg

IMG_20170617_221744.jpg

s-l400 (6) (1).jpg

s-l400 (7) (1).jpg