• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

IS THIS 1977 DIME A WRONG PLANCHET ERROR OR ANEALED ERROR?

9 posts in this topic

Found this 1977 no MM ROOSEVELT dime and it seams improperly Anealed, on a penny planchet, or foreign coin planchet, wrong stock, missing clad layer? The edge  is all copper, obverse and reverse copper toned, and the reeds seem all wrong and are smooth in places very similar to a penny edge! I HAVNT been able to weigh it yet, however it seems thin and lighter in weight than it should be. ANY help, or input would be greatly appreciated, if it is a true error, possible value would be great as well, Thanks again, Capone1929

20180608_130304.jpg

20180608_130344.jpg

20180608_125853.jpg

It looks like a environmentally damaged coin to me. If it had been on a cent planchet there would be 2 differences. #1 The lettering would be further from the rim because the cent planchet is larger. #2 There would be no reeds on the rim. 

33 minutes ago, Conder101 said:

Also looks like that may be just an environmentally damaged coin as well.

It's a good one . I posted back on cointalk back in the day and fred weinberg confirmed it .