• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CU is now called DU

16 posts in this topic

I had to post it here too.... smile.gif

After reading:

http://forums.collectors.com/messag...threadid=176553

(By the way, what the heck is Legend saying?)

and

http://forums.collectors.com/messag...543&STARTPAGE=1

It just seems to me CU "Collectors Universe" should now be considered "Dealer Universe"

and I'm even considering LU as an appropriate name for the message board as well.

-Dave

Ahh but now dealers will not be taking the abuse as the only people who will be on board are dealers...unless they abuse each other. smile.gif

-Dave

You know, I really don't know why I bother to look at the threads over there, even the ones people link that might be of interest. After being here for a few months, the difference is striking! Every thread seems to be like this:

"Dealers are all corrupt evil people. They always rip you off and complain about PCGS."

"Yeah, dealers do suck, why would they pick on PCGS, the greatest grading service ever to grace the planet?"

"Yeah dealers, life is better without you, we have PCGS and eBay! Go Away!!!"

Dealer: "Ok, I've had it, see ya!"

"No wait! Don't go! We abuse you, but that's really how we show we love and respect you!"

Just cut and paste that 40 or 50 times (or maybe 20 times now) and you have the CU forums. Ugh!

PS-I apologize in advance to anyone this might offend, but that's just how I feel. You can disagree with me all you want too, it's your right and priviledge!

Dealers suck! Send em to Iraq and let them go down in flames with Saddam! My puppy ate my Frankies and Kennedys and they came out beautifully AT'd. I dipped them which permanently altered the surfaces, so I doctored em up and submitted them and one came back in a body bag and one was undergraded by a point. So I tried to cross the undergraded one and I put the BB'd one on ebay where some buyer contacted me and asked me to take the auction down and lower my outrageous shipping costs. The undergraded one went up a grade on crossover but lost the Cam designation - how can that be? I sent an email and it was never answered, so I submitted it for presidential review and it went down a grade but I got DCAM.

Did I miss anything? grin.gif

TDN, I think you missed the latest trend in revisionist history over there. Goes something like this:

"Was greg really banned? I don't think he was. He must be lying."

"No, I think he was banned. But maybe, it was all a mistake?"

"No, he wasn't banned, he's just trying to bad mouth PCGS and gain sympathy."

"you're definitely right, we have no proof he actually was banned so he wasn't banned. He is just a liar with no intestinal fortitude"

"We should really feel bad for saying bad things about PCGS based on all of greg's lies. We're sorry PCGS, please forgive us!"

he's just trying to bad mouth PCGS and gain sympathy

Well if THAT'S what Greg is doing over there he should be banned

wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif Hoot

If I really needed sympathy I would show you some of my coins that now rest in bodybags after being crackouts from P*GS trying to get a higher grade.

Perhaps I could show you some of the most mark free moderns that you'll ever see in slabs several grades below their actual grade.

Or I could show you some inserts from ex-P*GS coins that were upgraded 2 or more points after paying for a 2nd or 5th grading.

Or I could show you some info that will shame a certain grading company president. shocked.gifshocked.gifshocked.gif But more on that later. laugh.gif

Share! Share!

Hey, I always thought that DU stood for Ducks Unlimited or Depleted Uranium?

Hoot

Or I could show you some info that will shame a certain grading company president. But more on that later.

Don't be a tease. We want to hear about that one. We all have our own bodybags and undergraded coins. That last one's unique.

Is it later yet???

"Or I could show you some info that will shame a certain grading company president. But more on that later. "

No... LU had nothing to do with Legend or Laura.

-Dave