• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1964 Kennedy halves

8 posts in this topic

If they are truly all uncirculated and with the same general appearance, list them on eBay at $10 each with free shipping, using a good picture of a typical one as a stock photo along with text clearly stating that the photo is a stock photo and that you have several coins.  You'll net a little over $6 each after shipping and fees for those you actually sell.  Mail in a normal envelope with the coin sandwiched between some pieces of corrugated cardboard from a cut up box.  No sense investing in bubble mailers for these.

I other words what messydesk is saying, you can only expect to get the bullion value of the 90% coin silver out of them. Perhaps you might get a bid battle going with e-Bay bidders who are looking for a good coin to start/finish their Kennedy half dollar collection, so make sure you include the Mint mark such as D or P. The 'D' will be marked under the eagles talons the 'P' coins are not marked. Good luck!

You should also consider checking them for varieties and type as there are "several" for that year.   I'm a big fan of never selling anything until you really know fully what you have.  

If there is a coin show in your area (just do a search), I would simply take them there and sell them, unless you sell stuff on eBay already. Otherwise, I don't think the hassle would be worth your time. A local dealer in coins/bullion would be a second option.  If no shows or dealers anywhere that may be convenient, then perhaps eBay is your only option. The value of several of these (assuming no rare varieties) is about the price of an average dinner in an average restaurant, sans wine.