• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1945 P Jefferson

10 posts in this topic

these are the front die cracks I can see.  the die crack is visible but not nearly as obvious as the example you gave.  Also i do not see evidence of the die crack above his head as in your example, but the same starting point and slope exists

WIN_20171211_18_41_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171211_18_39_52_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171211_18_39_28_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171211_18_39_18_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171211_18_39_10_Pro.jpg

WIN_20171211_18_37_13_Pro.jpg

18 hours ago, WoodenJefferson said:

Nice images, do the die cracks match?

http://varietyvista.com/04a JN DD Vol 1/1945PDDO004.htm

Wooden, you linked the DDO

I feel no on DDR-004, but suspect it could be DDR-005, although it is looks late die state with some machine ejection doubling

http://varietyvista.com/04a JN DD Vol 1/1945PDDR005.htm

i am very sure that what you have here is just a machine doubling and not a double die. if you do a side by side comparison with a none slab Double Die coin you be able to tell the difference, the DD is a solid die it looks like there is two letters together one on top of the other were a machine doubling the letters look like there were squash and flat. i dont know if this make since to you, but i dont know if you ever heard about the Wexler Coin Die page? it has the best info you could get with pictures and all plus they have a great listing for machine doublings

49 minutes ago, Coscu12 said:

i am very sure that what you have here is just a machine doubling and not a double die. if you do a side by side comparison with a none slab Double Die coin you be able to tell the difference, the DD is a solid die it looks like there is two letters together one on top of the other were a machine doubling the letters look like there were squash and flat. i dont know if this make since to you, but i dont know if you ever heard about the Wexler Coin Die page? it has the best info you could get with pictures and all plus they have a great listing for machine doublings

i think you may be right; none of the 10 DDR looks like mine.