• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there a way to track down the owner of an ngc graded coin?

6 posts in this topic

Sort of, but not really, and the feature isn't working anyways (in Chrome): 

If you go to the Coin Explorer page for the date and mintmark, it has a link to show you images of examples in the Registry. When I click it, it just re-directs me back to the Coin Explorer page (it used to pull up a gallery of images). It may work in other browsers. For example, if you go to the 1963 Franklin page, you can see an image of mine: https://www.ngccoin.com/coin-explorer/franklin-half-dollars-1948-1963-pscid-43/1963-50c-msfbl-coinid-26684

As far as I know, this is the only thing that comes close to what you are looking for. 

I had someone try to register a coin that was in my possession/collection.  I received an email from NGC saying someone else was trying to register it.  I had to reply back within 3 days, or the coin would be removed from my collection and "given" to this other person.  When you reply back, it gives you the option to leave a message for the other person.  I did, along with my email, and asked him to contact me, that I had the coin in my possession.  I never heard from him or NGC again, and the coin is still listed in my collection. Hoping he just entered a number incorrectly.