• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A looker!

14 posts in this topic

Pretty coin, ballsy write-up.

I've tried talking Adrian into joining the boards over here. If he keeps making auction listing like that, may happen a lot sooner.

I really don't care much for toned coins, but he has me seriously considering that one! A beauty!!!!

Great coin! I like the write up, but am I wrong in believing that PCGS also grades by the "consensus method"? I have long thought that the basic mechanics of the grading process were essentially the same with NGC and PCGS. Am I wrong?

Hoot

Hoot,

Consensus grading has been one of Adrian's big beefs lately in his posts across the street. Both services employ this method, but his write-up had many references to Mark Salzburg's letter and the perception that PCGS intentionally undergrades coins.

Ah! Behind the times again. smirk.gif I still don't understand, but I'll not likely go digging too deep for Adrian's posts. I enjoy his articulations, but it sounds like politics to me.

Hoot

Perception that PCGS intentionally undergrades coins? ooo.gifooo.gifooo.gif

I won't go there. This coin is really freaky looking. Toning in those weird patterns always catches the eye.

And I think it is unfair that Adrian has TWO mint state Wreath cents for sale at the same time.

And I think it is unfair that Adrian has TWO mint state Wreath cents for sale at the same time

At least you don't have to run up and down the bourse floor trying to snag toned coins out of dealer cases before he walks by. He doesn't get out to Long Beach that much, but I can't remember a local show that I haven't seen him at.

No, I just have to compete with his bids at auctions. I lose out and then see those coins on eBay at 5X what he paid. You at least have the ability to stick a foot out and trip him to slow him down. smirk.gif