• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NGC Registry crossover special

7 posts in this topic

I have taken advantaged of the crossover special and would like to brag on NGC a little.

This deal is like sending coins to CAC but instead of a gold sticker you get the actual grade.

I have sent in 2 large groups of coins so far and it is breaking down like this.

40 percent returned as no cross over, 60 percent cross over. Remember you don't get charged if they don't cross.

(well you pay up front and they issue a refund).

Of the 60 percent that did cross 1/4 of those got upgraded. Now that may not sound like a big deal, however the

value of the upgraded coins more that triples the cost of the crossover. Now if you send in 70's this would not hold true.

(as they can not be upgraded) Not only did I come out far ahead I also gained thousands of registry points.

Good deal all around.

What sort of coins did you send?  I have very few moderns and am wondering if it would be worthwhile for classic coins.

I sent coins of all denomination from 1932 to present including comms and gold comms.

The thing is, if you do not put a min grade in the min grade box, NGC will first determine if it will

make the grade. If it does not meet the same grade it will be returned untouched. Nothing lost except shipping and insurance.

It make the most sense to send enough coins to make the shipping/insurance/handling fee minor per coin.

In my case I sent 100. I have alot of registry sets. Still half half price fees its a very good deal.