• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What is England going to use after Brexit?

10 posts in this topic

Britian just came out with a new 12 sided pound for 2017. They were smart and never bought into the Euro story. With their long and prominent history - it would have been a crime if they did.

I think the UK should go back to the old coinage and stop messing around with this new fangled decimal thing. 20 shillings to the pound, 12 pence to the shilling and use guineas for overseas trade. That will teach the EU a thing or two.

Britian just came out with a new 12 sided pound for 2017. They were smart and never bought into the Euro story. With their long and prominent history - it would have been a crime if they did.

If you have any of the old, round, one pound coins, they are only legal until October. I checked my UK coins stash and only have one of them. So a nice souvenir.

I think the UK should go back to the old coinage and stop messing around with this new fangled decimal thing. 20 shillings to the pound, 12 pence to the shilling and use guineas for overseas trade. That will teach the EU a thing or two.

I wouldn't mind making the sovereign a currency coin again.