• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question on creating custom set

3 posts in this topic

Can you create a custom set that is just like one of the existing sets?

I would like to have a custom set that mirrors the Morgan dollar set and the type set so I can track my progress. Expecting it to have all the coins listed and just fill in the spots as I get coins that fit similar to the competitive sets. Since I can't put my PCGS in my competitive set, this seems to be a good alternative. I just can't figure out how to make the placeholders for the coins I don't have yet.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I have a custom set that I pulled it off by adding coins in a 'want' status. Once I obtained the coin (it's a type set so the date may or may not have matched) I would edit the set to add the new coin, then delete the 'want' coin. I'll see if I can pm you a link to it. My tablet can be a little forum unfriendly.

• Administrator

Thank you for the request, ShaneG.

Yes, in order to create a placeholder in a Custom NGC Registry Set, you would use the "WANT" status. Please let us know if you need further assistance. You may reach us via email at registry@ngccoin.com.