• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gold "quarter" ordered

23 posts in this topic

After nearly 20 minutes of the Mint's order system crashing and otherwise responding like the only cat at the dog park, I finally got confirmation #USM04410nnnn for one gold bullion token.

From the photos, it looks like they really paid attention to the artist's originals.

I'm about 10,000 orders ahead of you...very frustrating to have all the crashes and re-entry of CC info only to get an error message. The Mint's internet ordering software still needs a lot of work.

Got mine in about 9 minutes after multiple crashes....thankfully this chaos is contained to the internet...like 100,000 people fighting for a Tickle Me Elmo on Black Friday, 10 minutes before closing time...

Ordered mine at T plus 30 minutes. Problems with completing the order using Chrome, as step 4 was grayed out. Switched to IE and completed the order on the first try.

I have the RCM's Tickle Me Elmo 20th Anniversary special colored and textured edition silver bullion release date blocked on my calendar.

Got mine in about 9 minutes after multiple crashes....thankfully this chaos is contained to the internet...like 100,000 people fighting for a Tickle Me Elmo on Black Friday, 10 minutes before closing time...

Ordered mine at T plus 30 minutes. Problems with completing the order using Chrome, as step 4 was grayed out. Switched to IE and completed the order on the first try.

I have the RCM's Tickle Me Elmo 20th Anniversary special colored and textured edition silver bullion release date blocked on my calendar.

I got my quarter! I missed the dime, and I couldn't afford the half at the time, so all I have is the quarter. I use Chrome also, and aside from the slow loading and crashing, I didn't have any other problems.

As for Tickle me Elmo.... I really hope you are joking about the RCM's release..... but if not, the 20th anniversary was 2 months ago.

RE: " ...have the RCM's Tickle Me Elmo 20th Anniversary special colored and textured edition..."

Did you also order the 30-08 cal rifle sold by RCM with the paisley decorated stock? Great for hunting Tickle-Me Elmos!

As for Tickle me Elmo.... I really hope you are joking about the RCM's release..... but if not, the 20th anniversary was 2 months ago.

That you have to wonder whether I'm joking or not speaks volumes to the RCM's product line.

The 20th anniversary launch will be the day after Thanksgiving, when your attempt at online ordering will be interrupted by being body-checked away from your computer by a huge, crazed Rosie O'Donnell fan fueled by Tab and Little Debbies that wants it more than you do. Bringing a combination of the 1996 TME fiasco and the 2014 ANA Show Kennedy release party to the comfort of your home.

Got mine delivered by UPS this morning at 10:10 am.

Looks good at first rest glance, need to look at it under 5x magnification. Would like an SP 70 to go with the two SP 70 dimes that I had certified.

Good luck to all that ordered. It's a nice piece. 1/4 ounce of pure gold isn't very big!

Got mine delivered by UPS this morning at 10:10 am.

Looks good at first rest glance, need to look at it under 5x magnification. Would like an SP 70 to go with the two SP 70 dimes that I had certified.

Good luck to all that ordered. It's a nice piece. 1/4 ounce of pure gold isn't very big!

You have yours in hand already? Dang! That was fast.

Yes, it was overnighted. I was amazed they shipped same day they went on sale. Paid the premium shipping so the coin didn't languish in the warehouse or delivery truck in the extreme heat we've been having.

I would imagine that all or most of the gold quarters were already packaged and ready to ship before they went on sale. All the mint had to do was print a shipping label and slap it on the package.

Good call, PerryHall! With a one-per-address limit and prepackaging, shipment must have been very easy. My gold token is supposed to arrive today.

Can some one please provide the outer dimensions of the US Mint "blue box" as L x W x H?

So, there is the "blue box," and then you lift off the lid off the "blue box," and turn the bottom section upside down to drop the somewhat oddly shaped "inner-blue-box" into your free hand, and then you open like a clam shell that "inner-blue-box" and your coin is found in the lower section of the clam shell.

I am looking for the outer dimensions of the "blue box," and not the "inner-blue-box."

I am thinking of gifting one of these coins and it is to go in a CCG Puzzle Box. I only have so much room to work with, and if the "blue box" is too large, then I'll abandon the idea.

Thanks.

I am glad I have not ordered one. My local dealer showed me one of his stock pieces. It has less design details that the 1917 Type I in MS-65 that is in my type set.

I am glad I have not ordered one. My local dealer showed me one of his stock pieces. It has less design details that the 1917 Type I in MS-65 that is in my type set.

Yes, that is not surprising. Same thing with the dime.

The mint has already said that, due to how they are doing it these days, the new ones will NOT be as detailed as the originals.

That was mentioned back when the first pics of the gold merc were shown.

The 1917 SLQ was a completely different design in details than that used in 1916. The Mint's objective was to use the 1916 designs - not some later year.

Compare the gold "quarter" to your 1916 SLQ for a valid assessment.