• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SLOTS AND NOTS! posted by namvette68

4 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

No place to put some coins?

There are collections and sets with slots for them, and the coins haven't been minted yet. There are also graded coins with no slot to put them into. Scores need to be updated also.

Not complaining. Just an observation.

Happy collecting!

17650.jpg

See more journals by namvette68

sure is a mess and every time they 'fix' something we hear a hundred more complaints. My solution is an easy one- ignore collecting the points and concentrate on collecting quality coins and learning about new series. As for your coin without a home, that's a whole different story. I guess one team has different proceedures than the next and your team dropped the ball... :(

• Administrator

Hello, namvette.

Thanks for the inquiry. We sent an email to the email address we have on file for you with directions on how to enter your coins. If you need a new slot added somewhere, please reply to the email with the name of the NGC Registry set and the coin in question, and we are happy to assist. Or, if you require other assistance, please let us know. Thanks very much.

With all of the new competitive sets that have been added in the last 3-4 years, it is almost impossible for NGC to keep all of the new sets and the current sets updated along with verifying the PCGS coins and creating even more new sets. Kudos to Ali and the team for doing their best but sometimes they need our assistance. There are simple procedures for adding new coins and new slots in sets. If there is not a link in the set to the coin, just add it in the correct slot if available; otherwise add it in a nearby slot if no slot exists. It will get verified and added within a few days (usually the next day).

One area that flies under the radar is the type sets. Until recently, many had not been updated since they were originally created. About a year ago I did a comparison of my coins with the ones coming up as available in each slot and added several hundred over the course of 2 months to partially update many sets and slots. If you enter new coins in your sets and have type sets, please verify that they are available in your type sets. If they are not, please add them.

Note: When you try to add a coin to a slot/set and the coin comes up as unavailable, the registry will often delete the coin description (if you have one) when you try to add the coin (save changes). Before saving, you need to pull up the coin on its Edit page in a separate tab and copy the description. After you enter the coin, you need to resave the coin in the other tab to make sure your description is not deleted.