• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

new pcgs board policy

151 posts in this topic

jom,

EVP actually posted the letter from Mark Salzburg on PCGS's site. Greg's only part in the deal is that he asked the question on the Ask NGC forum and Mark responded. Then the answer was posted on this forum as well by Mark or someone from NGC. EVP took the post and reprinted it at PCGS since it could be of general interest to those over there as well.

And you're right, he's in Baltimore, so no way of knowing if he got booted or not until he gets back.

I'm going to my therapy session. I won't be back for a while.

I'm getting a Seated Quarter in the mail next week that might help you over this fix.

I'd say the odds are 4-1 that EVP is banned. Too bad for PCGS, cause I really like EVP. Wait a minute, I don't post over there, I only post here and he's still over here, so Phooey on PCGS!

I would like to welcome all the refugees from the PCGS boards!! I have lurked overthere for several years but I find I like this side of the street better. I also think the new blood will be good for the NGC boards...

I think you are going to see a lot of us over here now. Apparently their policy is to just yank someone with no warning, and no notification about what it was that caused the problem. I have been biting my tongue since I still have a quantity of coins there that are now pushing six weeks and no telling when they may get grades.

You know, I think this can be interesting. It seems that many of the active participants at the PCGS boards are over at numisaddict. And those who have contributed more to coin issues are here. I think that is a nice result. There should be a place for people to talk about coins and coin-unrelated stuff as well as a place for collectors primarily.

It truly is sad that Mr. Hall decided to turn to censorship to suppress problems. We learn from history not to repeat our mistakes. Where has censorship ever been fully successful? Mr. Hall is severely perverting PCGS with his suppressive tactics. Customer issues need to be addressed, and they're not doing it. That is why I love NGC so much; they answer any questions you have and are very polite! Keep the good work up, guys!

• Administrator

"There should be a place for people to talk about coins and coin-unrelated stuff as well as a place for collectors primarily. "

Been to the watercooler? wink.gif

Arch

you ever notice how immediately addressing questions and concerns immediately causes the grumbling to cease? Over here, people complain, and someone immediately comes on to answer for the company, either to explain why the person's concern is unfounded, or to say how the concern will be/has been addressed. How can a sane person get ticked by that and then bash the company? It doesn't happen. It's only when people complain and you either ignore, or make a halfhearted attempt to solve the problem that people get really ticked and start bashing.

A long time ago, maybe 9 mos or a year, I got some proofs slabbed by PCGS and one came back with prints. I was irate, and they eventually responded, by telling me who to e-mail with my complaint. A nice first step. But then that person summarily dismissed me as a collector insufficiently_thoughtful_person that must have put the prints on the coin when I took it out of the 2-day-old proof set and put it into the flip, all while I must have been eating potato chips. Clearly this was my fault, not theirs. Unfortunately, this is still happening, and people are still complaining about this very issue. If the problem was really solved, the complaining would cease!

To paraphrase the great one, clearly some of you grading companies "get it" and some of you do not.

I wonder if this is going to separate out the internet coin people? For a long time PCGS's boards were the king. Now a percentage is migrating here, another to numisaddict. Some remain there. I wonder if the effect is that more like minded or like visioned people will be on each board and not as much cross-pollination?

Neil,

I believe collector/submitters will migrate here. Many slab purchasers will remain at PCGS a little while longer. It should prove an interesting year.

There have been other times in the past where there have been large surges of people coming over here from there. Usually when there was an outage over there. However, this is a different situation. I do think that there will be several people who leave there never to return. I'm sure many that are "leaving" now will go back there. The Kool-Aid drinkers that have the exclusive only registry sets.

The key will be getting people to stick around here and post during the slow times. I remember over there when there were a few posts a day. It just takes time. It would also help if NGC did a better job promoting these forums. There isn't much press on them that I see.

The PCGS forum layout is a little easier to deal with, IMO. I like the ability to see who was the last poster to a topic. This enables you to "know when" to read the new additions to a thread. If the last poster was someone you don't really care to hear from, you don't have to read the additions to the thread.

• Administrator

Have you tried clicked the "Expand" option in the upper right corner? You can't ask for more detail than that. wink.gif

Arch

The PCGS US coin forum would be better off if the trolls left instead of the serious collectors.

Perhaps it's hypocritical of me to post this here, but I'm glad to see discussions that are numismacentric rather than taurusfececentric.

Now someone has posted over there that PCGS is raising the cost of economy grading for CC members to $16 and to $12 for moderns with a minimum of 10 coins submitted. Probably not the best timing.

Heck, they could reduce their rates and I still wouldn't send any more to them. I am tired of the grading games and inconsistent standards. Legitimate PLs being bagged as "altered surfaces", truly uncirculated coins being hit with AU-58, etc. etc. etc. They continue to shoot themselves in the foot.

Arch,

I have absolutely no reason to believe these boards are or have been censored, in terms of the board management arbitrarily removing posts it finds threatening or with which it disagrees.

I am entirely in favor of removing offensive material and doing everything possible to prevent disruptive people from receiving the attention they seek. In this regard, I applaud the efforts you make and encourage you to continue the good work.

Beijim

Arch There has been one time that I can remember that you censored and deleted a thread that did not involve swear words.

A few months ago You put Meth in the pentaly box and deleted a thread of his because he told people how to open and reclose comic slabs. I still say that you were wrong for doing that because he was providing a valuable service to your company by showing a major fault with your comic slabs. He should of been thanked and not treated the way he was.

Other than that I think you are doing a great job on the boards. I know that we can be wild at times and at times you have to be a babysitter to us. So overall keep it up. CHRIS

How does this sound. Thank you for telling everyone how to open and close our slabs and how to switch the comics and slabs to make money and rip people off with and end up hurting our bussiness.