• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

No more PCGS in GSA's posted by #

13 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

Started with world coins now beginning with GSAs'

NGC has every right to do what they want with their company and registry. It started with removing world coins from the registry now they're starting to remove PCGS coins from the GSA Carson City hard pack registry sets. Which sets are next? It's not IF but when. A little warning or heads up would have been considerate. I was wondering why the site was down for several hours Thursday the 9th, now it seems clear. I for one will not pick a side or TPG as it is becoming necessary. We always heard buy the coin not the plastic; now I'll have to collect my passion of coins and either brake them apart or crossover to one or the other. Instead I'll keep collecting the finest coins I can afford some of are the single finest top pop and will not be seen again for decades. My GSA custom set with VAMs is the most completed to date ever. My 1879 proof set though only half complete is all PF 67's and CAC'd. My 1879 set though not all top pop does contain a few and only lacks one coin out of 25. We're not picking our favorite football team here, we're picking out and assembling the best coins in our budget regardless of TPG. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

See more journals by #

It won't allow me to correct a journal entry on the boards only on the NGC journal page. Hence why I mispelled brake instead of break and fail to mention the second almost complete 1879 is a mint set among other mistakes. I include getting to involved with NGC as one of those mistakes.

We're not picking our favorite football team here, we're picking out and assembling the best coins in our budget regardless of TPG.

Well if you are assembling the best you can afford, regardless of TPG, what does it matter what they do. Enjoy your coins and forget about the stupid Registry.

Started with world coins now beginning with GSAs'

NGC has every right to do what they want with their company and registry. It started with removing world coins from the registry now they're starting to remove PCGS coins from the GSA Carson City hard pack registry sets. Which sets are next? It's not IF but when. A little warning or heads up would have been considerate. I was wondering why the site was down for several hours Thursday the 9th, now it seems clear. I for one will not pick a side or TPG as it is becoming necessary. We always heard buy the coin not the plastic; now I'll have to collect my passion of coins and either brake them apart or crossover to one or the other. Instead I'll keep collecting the finest coins I can afford some of are the single finest top pop and will not be seen again for decades. My GSA custom set with VAMs is the most completed to date ever. My 1879 proof set though only half complete is all PF 67's and CAC'd. My 1879 set though not all top pop does contain a few and only lacks one coin out of 25. We're not picking our favorite football team here, we're picking out and assembling the best coins in our budget regardless of TPG. I AM VERY DISAPPOINTED.

See more journals by #

Don't forget that PCGS wont accept NGC coins in their registry.

True, and that's the primary reason I never considered joining the PCGS registry. If NGC is going to ban all PCGS coins from all sets, then I'll probably just drop all registry activities. Most of my certified coins are NGC but I'm not going to pay to get perfectly good PGCS coins crossed over just to stay in a registry set.

We're not picking our favorite football team here, we're picking out and assembling the best coins in our budget regardless of TPG.

Well if you are assembling the best you can afford, regardless of TPG, what does it matter what they do. Enjoy your coins and forget about the stupid Registry.

The registry is a nice way to organize your collection while being able to see how you stack up to other collections. It's also nice for others who can view many outstanding collections for inspiration. I understand both sides of the argument. In the end - what aspects of collecting do you enjoy the most?

If it's just a matter of public display, you can include PCGS coins in a "custom set". In fact, you can include other TPG coins or raw coins as well by marking them "Want" instead of "Own". My fencing coin set is half full of raw coins that I haven't gotten around to slabbing.

• Administrator

Hello, #.

Our team has looked into the Morgan Dollar sets. NGC has never allowed PCGS-graded coins in the GSA Hoard-specific registry sets.

These GSA-Holder sets are intended to only include coins that are still sealed in the original GSA holders and with NGC's blue sticker label that wraps around the holder. Other grading companies have assigned the "GSA Hoard" pedigree to coins that have been removed from the original GSA Holders, and it is not possible for the NGC Registry team to automatically determine whether coins from other grading services are still sealed in the original GSA holders or not. Therefore, for sake of consistency, these sets will continue to accept only NGC-graded GSA holders, as always.

PCGS Morgan Dollars are still eligible in other NGC Registry sets where NGC Morgan Dollars are accepted. Thank you.

amen to that.

ATS does grade the GSA's in the black slab. Not just a band but slabs the entire govt GSA. So yes it's VERY easy to verify.

PCGS has only been holdering the whole GSA slab for three years. For the 27 yers before thy they put them in slabs that just said GSA on the label (if the submitter requested it) And only a tiny fraction of the GSA coins PCGS has slabbed have imaged on their website. So just exactly how are they supposed to "easily" verify that the PCGS GSA slabs being added to the NGC registry are in the whole slab holder? Do you send them images of every slab you want to put in the registry? I suppose if you did that they could verify them.