• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wanted - NGC or PCGS storage boxes (one of each)

12 posts in this topic

I would like to acquire one of each box. PM me if you have any you want to sell. I currently use generic cardboard boxes and want to decide if it matters.

I would like to acquire one of each box. PM me if you have any you want to sell. I currently use generic cardboard boxes and want to decide if it matters.

Cardboard boxes contain sulfur and will discolor coins over time. Cardboard is not safe for long-term storage.

I my opinion, those are fine for short term storage and transportation to/from shows, etc; but they are not ideal for long-term storage, due to their sulfur content.

The NGC boxes are nice because both PCGS and NGC slabs will fit in them. If any members need them I might be able bring a few of them to the Long Beach show on Friday 6/10 -- I plan just to be there only on Friday.

With the advent of the new PCGS slabs we no longer have the luxury of using the NGC box for the new type PCGS holders. Hope someone comes up with one that will fit both.

Does anyone know if PCGS currently makes plastic boxes that will fit their own new slabs?