• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Roll of 1932 P Quarters

10 posts in this topic

I'm an absolute novice at this but I've joined NGC as an associate because I've inherited a lot of old coins.

I've just taken pictures of a couple of dozen obverse. I did not want to upload a ton of images until I get a feel for the way everyone does things here. So I've ganged them together into two large images and put them out on my website. That way you can get a better detail of the images.

You can view them at http://www.oldspooks.com/stuff .

Thank you for your opinion in advance.

So it would probably be a smart idea for me to have them graded by NGC?

No, they are low value items, such that it would not be financially beneficial to spend the money to get them graded.

What is on the other side of those quarters? Are there any D or S below the wreath?

You need to have a good idea of value, before you would want to grade - and if they would increase in value by being graded.

What is on the other side of those quarters? Are there any D or S below the wreath?

You need to have a good idea of value, before you would want to grade - and if they would increase in value by being graded.

The thread title mentions 1932-P.

the original poster also said that they are a complete novice. it wouldnt hurt to double check the coin in general. just saying

Yes sir and thank you for your advice. They are all philly quarters. I have 26 of them. Surely they are worth more than their melt value? If they are not, I will just keep them.

the original poster also said that they are a complete novice. it wouldnt hurt to double check the coin in general. just saying

Yes sir and thank you for your advice. They are all philly quarters. I have 26 of them. Surely they are worth more than their melt value? If they are not, I will just keep them.

I have sold tons of coins on ebay and recently found a new site called USA Coin Book (usacoinbook.com) that allows you to list for free and only pay 2% if a coin sells. The reason I mention USA Coin Book is because if you want to sell a coin like this for full market, you can't do it on ebay, it is saturated, not to mention ebay will take 13% right off the top (10% ebay fees on coins, 3% to paypal). But I have perused USA Coin Book's sales and have seen nice mid grade collector coins like this get full market value and more, so it is a good place to sell them for well over melt. Check it out, it might be a perfect fit for you. Best advise I can give though is make sure your photos are as perfect as possible, the better, the better chance you'll get market price for them. Good luck!