• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Back At It After 10 Years posted by ClintonFitch

8 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

After taking the last 10 years off to raise kids, I'm finally picking up where I left off.

It's been a long stretch raising kids and all (but well worth it) but I'm finally at the point where I can start collecting actively again. I'm looking forward to picking up with my passion coins: Lincoln Cents and Dollars, but also looking forward to catching back up with the hobby in general.

See more journals by ClintonFitch

Welcome back!! I have also taken a sabbatical......but back at it. I'm getting ready to put some rolls of wheat back Lincolns on EBay. If there is anything specific you need don't hesitate to ask.

Bud

Welcome back. I know the feeling because I've been there. Seems every collector "takes leave" for a while while the kids need braces,etc. I've found that since I've "returned" to collecting (about 3 years ago now) I've gotten around to the stuff I've always dreamed of. This means being able to purchase higher end certified pieces that will do better in the long run. I'm also a more picky buyer and am knocking things off my "bucket list" that I dreamed of for years. Old collectors never die...they just take a breather sometimes.

Welcome back. I know the feeling because I've been there. Seems every collector "takes leave" for a while while the kids need braces,etc. I've found that since I've "returned" to collecting (about 3 years ago now) I've gotten around to the stuff I've always dreamed of. This means being able to purchase higher end certified pieces that will do better in the long run. I'm also a more picky buyer and am knocking things off my "bucket list" that I dreamed of for years. Old collectors never die...they just take a breather sometimes.

I hear you centinel, although I haven't taken more than a year or two off at a time in the fifty one years I have been a hobbyist, I never thought I would get to the dream coins either. It feels nice after raising the kids and sending them on their way to finally use some of our time and energy toward our own personal goals. Especially nice to have such a great and interesting hobby to spend that time and energy on...