• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Peace dollar question

8 posts in this topic

With silver prices down, I went to a place that sells gold and silver to see what they had available. Much to my surprise, they had a large group of Peace dollars for sale for cheaper than you can find them on ebay for well circulated examples. I looked through the large lot and picked out all the nicest ones I could. Several sliders, but many I would grade many at MS63, perhaps a couple at MS64. Right now I have them sitting in an album, but the question is do you think they would be worth grading? They are all common philly dates, 22,23, etc. I think I know the answer, but I wanted some other opinions, just in case.

Unless they are going to grade MS65 or higher, I don't think they are worth getting graded.

This or if there are "rare" varieties. I am not a VAM fan personally, so there are others better to advise you on what to look for there.