• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I submitted an error coin, and it had more than 1

11 posts in this topic

I submitted an error coin, and it had more than 1 kind of error on it.

It is a flip over double strike with a very obvious brockage.

When it came back it only said flip over double strike. There was plenty more room to write, why did they miss this other error?

I thought these graders were professionals? The brockage is beyond clear to see and was even noted on the submission form.

Here are some images of the coin

http://s7.postimg.org/l4entzfuj/image2.jpg

http://s28.postimg.org/m02tx5gvh/image1.jpg

Hi

The obverse which does not look double struck has the reverse image of this coin on it.

I guess because you may not know what the reverse of this coin would look like it would help to show you one. Here is a "normal" one in this link.

http://s10.postimg.org/ot9rynqo9/combined1792.jpg

See the "pillar" with the liberty cap in this picture? You can see the reverse of that pillar and cap on the bust?

See the reverse 12 next to the eye of Louis? It has been hit multiple times, I can also see the BB mint mark at the throat of Louis. This implies brockages from both obv and rev actually.

Maybe I am nuts. Every coin dealer I showed this coin to said it was there?

Thanks for checking it out.

Gary

Hi

Quick update. So, I called NCG, spoke with a rep, after a while got routed to the "error expert" David Camire and he looked up the coin and said basically "sorry" please send this coin back to us for an Appearance Review.

Which I will do, but frankly, wish they had gotten it right the first time. It is neither convenient or free. I have to pay a shipping fee and go back to the coin dealer which is several towns away, and wait several months to get them back.

But, at least there is a process to redress grievances which is good.

Hope this knowledge serves someone else on the board.

Gary

Hi

Quick update. So, I called NCG, spoke with a rep, after a while got routed to the "error expert" David Camire and he looked up the coin and said basically "sorry" please send this coin back to us for an Appearance Review.

Which I will do, but frankly, wish they had gotten it right the first time. It is neither convenient or free. I have to pay a shipping fee and go back to the coin dealer which is several towns away, and wait several months to get them back.

Gary

You should not have to wait "several months to get them back". If you do, I'd look for another dealer who can submit coins on your behalf. Also, in this case, I'd ask NGC if you can send the coin to them yourself, instead of going through a dealer.

Hi

Gary

You should not have to wait "several months to get them back". If you do, I'd look for another dealer who can submit coins on your behalf. Also, in this case, I'd ask NGC if you can send the coin to them yourself, instead of going through a dealer.

I just sent in a mistakenly labeled coin and it was re-graded and encapsulated in less than a week including a 3 day weekend (FREE). At most your cost to submit the coin yourself instead of relying on the dealer would only be the $39 membership fee and shipping to them of course. You can then send future coins in yourself for the next year instead of relying on someone else. :)

David Camire will treat you fairly and honestly, as I expect would anyone at NGC. (They don't have to cater to stockholders.)