• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Buffalo nickel

9 posts in this topic

Buffalo nickels are probably harder to grade than any other US coin series and most coins are hard if not impossible to grade accurately from photos. That being said it looks to me like there is wear on all the high spots on the obverse and reverse on the coin in the photos. It will be interesting to hear what you think of it once you have it in hand.

I'd say EF45 on the low end, AUish on the high end.

55. An MS example should not set you back a whole lot. First place to check for wear on those is the buffalo's hip bone/flank area. Strike makes this one hard to grade but a 36 philly comes well struck.

This was a strange purchase because it was refunded a couple days later with the explanation of a break-in and small group of coins stolen, after they had printed a shipping label. From everyones grade, it saved me some money. I was looking for a PL or weak struck satin proof - hard to tell from the pictures.