• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is this rare?

16 posts in this topic

because it is rusty and some i d i o t had it slabbed. How many rusty slabbed cents have you seen?

It's not slabbed, it's raw. Rusty, yes. Slabbed, not as far as I can tell.

It's got some damage and the seller is trying to make it sound important. All that "SP" and "rare" talk gets some people excited. I'm shocked this seller has a return policy. They usually don't.

It is Fraud and should immediately be removed by ebay. On the off chance that somebody has the thought it is a buyer beware and if you buy it that is your problem situation and not Fraud, my answer is Baloney. ebay has a fiduciary responsibility, whether they agree or not.

I have had some wonderfully colorful 1943 cents

the copper plated ones and reprocessed ones sometimes tone easily

So do I and I agree with your observation. Just to be clear in case my post misled, that is not the Fraud I am referring to.

Maybe it was formally in an MS 70 slab and an overzealous owner removed it to improve it. If the seller knows a lot about coins then it would justify the story and asking price. Don't jump to any silly conclusions that something is simply priced too high in order to catch a dumby. Its just clever outside of the box thinking surely.

Maybe it was formally in an MS 70 slab and an overzealous owner removed it to improve it. If the seller knows a lot about coins then it would justify the story and asking price. Don't jump to any silly conclusions that something is simply priced too high in order to catch a dumby. Its just clever outside of the box thinking surely.

Yes, and don't forget that he has a "make an offer" option too. ;)

I think he was pretty clear about why he's asking 18 Hundred for a 10 cent with environmental damage:

"sure this is not the regular look`s of the coin, toned different color".