• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Good Binion Deal? Good Long Term Investment?

34 posts in this topic

No - not a good deal. Investment - Depends on how much BV increases vs what you paid. Looks like a ways to go to get n the green.

Nobody can predict the future on coin investment. Of course its natural for any dealer to tout his material as a super investment buy. I see these guys at shows set up next to me all the time lol.

If your going to collect Binion Pedigree Coins get coins with real grades on them MS63, MS64, etc. I had a beautiful NGC 63 Binion Peace Dollar I sold awhile back. I am always looking for Binion or Omaha Bank Hoard Coins.

Collect and invest what you enjoy and is comfortable for your budget. Many collect coins minted in their lifetime which tie in with birthdate, marriage date, etc. Whether its a $10 coin or $1000 coin it all adds up in my view and experience.

I would suggest a Binion ebay search as follows: Binion NGC MS63 or whatever and see what turns up. Heck I just might go buy some.......

Another interesting hoard are gold coins from Samaszkos Neveda Las Vegas Hoard. Many beautiful World Gold Coins were in this hoard. Speaking or World Gold, a guy in my coin club is working on a set of Mexico Gold 50 Peso Pieces (TPG Graded) and this is quite a challenge. This is one of the most beautiful gold coins ever minted.

Personally, I don't do the pedigree slabs but I have known a few that enjoy the grouping they have collected.

I will check out that Mexican Gold 50 peso to see what I have been missing! ;)

Thanks for the read,

Rick

The Binion set arrived today and I spent a couple hours checking the Peace Dollar for Vam possibilities. I didn't realize there was over 100 different VAM's! This is what I found which I believe is a VAM. The picture isn't the greatest- I know this is frustrating for those viewing; I will be ironing out a better system here soon as is equally frustrating for me too! Hopefully the experts out there in the community will know if this is a correctly identified VAM. Source is the VAM World website.

Also included is a picture of the obverse of the Peace Dollar; again, I know not the best you have seen but hopefully better detail than the original listing. In hand this doesn't appear uncirculated to me- maybe a 58 at best IMO.

Appreciate the feedback, very interesting thoughts Mr. Smith Guesser, enjoyed all thoughts in this thread.

VAM - 1H Bar Between N - G

http://www.vamworld.com/1922-P+VAM-1H

160267.jpg.5a30b56bd0908ba7c68a66ab361b13d1.jpg

160268.jpg.5dfe7db0fcdf70f618749afd104aaf85.jpg