• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hate to see like this..

12 posts in this topic

It just that I love coins, I would keep any kind of old coins even in bad condition, environment damage, acid corrosion, or anything, and I wouldn't turn the coin into something else or melt for silver. Coins are my passion, it's just me I guess.

I would rather see them used for something useful than to melt them. It takes an older coin that no one is interested in besides it's age, and makes it something someone can use and admire again. Jmo

I would rather see them used for something useful than to melt them. It takes an older coin that no one is interested in besides it's age, and makes it something someone can use and admire again. Jmo

I agree. It's nice to see this coin be re-purposed rather than relegated to a melting pot or bottom of a shoe-box somewhere.

Oh true... I didn't thought of that.

It just that I love coins, I would keep any kind of old coins even in bad condition, environment damage, acid corrosion, or anything, and I wouldn't turn the coin into something else or melt for silver. Coins are my passion, it's just me I guess.

I think youll still find plenty, more than youll need.

I like coins on money clips and have no problem for coins used for jewelry purposes. Usually this material is bullion coins or perhaps a cull or junk coin.

As a matter I have been researching soldering techniques for attaching coins to money clips. I have experience soldering wiring but sort of reluctant experiment with heavy silver coins. Perhaps practice with lightweight world aluminum or cupro nickel junk.

yes, what he said.

What is "historic" about the coins that were used?

The same thing that makes a 53 Vette historic, or a 63 2+2 Mustang historic or any Bugatti or any coin ever made, because there are only so many made, and regardless of condition, are still worth preserving, because sooner or later they disappear....into history, as those coins will in 200-300 years. Value is not always the consideration where history is concerned. Stop thinking buy/sell :makepoint:;)