• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1922 Peace Dollar

13 posts in this topic

I am new at this and am trying to gain some knowledge on my 1922 Peace Dollar.

I stumbled across this coin that I've had in my safe for the past 10 years.This coin was given to me by my grandfather who collected coins. Because of it's popularity it was brought to my attention that I should try and get some information on what i have. I know it's not a high* relief. But it is in really good condition. Can someone maybe tell me what kind of coin this is please? condition, mint mark,etcetera. I would like to know exactly what I have and if it is worth sending into NGC to get registered.

Thank You!

https://goo.gl/photos/tpYwngnTquc6YNHh6

All 1922 Peace dollars were struck in low relief, except for some very rare pattern and experimental pieces.

To have your photos visible, use the option for "message board posts" in google.

To cut to the chase, the coin is worth about 20-25$ and not worth sending to a grading company. Makes a nice pocket piece or bacteria killing card protector on the poker table.

It's a normal 1922 in lightly circulated extremely fine condition with a scratch on the reverse. Not of sufficient value or interest to have it authenticated....you would be wasting your money.

Folks often saved unusual coins they received in change. If a parent or grandparent wanted to stimulate interest in coin collecting, they would likely have left some sort of organized collection and related materials.

The family connections are worth much more than the "large pizza" present monetary value of the silver dollar.

Folks often saved unusual coins they received in change. If a parent or grandparent wanted to stimulate interest in coin collecting, they would likely have left some sort of organized collection and related materials.

The family connections are worth much more than the "large pizza" present monetary value of the silver dollar.

Menard, this is the value of your coin that goes beyond any monetary measure...some things are priceless and cannot be replaced or upgraded. Such is the case of my great grandfathers Morgan he had in his desk that was passed on to my grandmother, then passed down to my Father, and then to his son....me :cloud9: I'd sell everything I've collected over the years before I'd part with this...yep!

Enjoy your coin for what it is worth! Cheers!

159900.jpg.3cee6653713d9f7e98b4b5793e77c079.jpg

159901.jpg.1940e1bf7f986a727932cfd7f5fe7c42.jpg