• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Type Set Addition

11 posts in this topic

I like it.

The toning adds a suggestion of direction and mission.

It is as though a very bright light is attracting Liberty, making her face all aglow, and despite the darkness that shrouds her presence, her determination to forge forward is resolute.

That wouldn't be something I'd want either as for type you've got nearly 30 years of Mercs to choose from.

But as it's CAC'd and this is the kind of coin they create a market for...

Many others will undoubtedly love it.

Sorry, but I have never been a fan of black toning on silver coins. The coin has original surfaces without a doubt, but I don't find the toning attractive.

I strongly agree.

Unfortunately, I'm not a fan of this coin. If you like, and it makes you happy, then that is what is really important.

What attracted you to this coin?

The obverse is nice, although the reverse seems a bit more terminal around the rims.

I basically like the coin but can understand the 'WHY' of the people who do not.

It is a very FROSTY and original example.

Thanks all for your comments.

I like the old holder, obverse over reverse, not an expensive coin, NGC FB tighter standards than PCGS for the designation, dark colors don't bother me for the most part.

Thanks again.

:)

Have to agree with others as I'm not a fan of this (or any really) toining. But I do love the fatty holder and can see where the originality and frosty surfaces could be factors.