• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

One last nupe for now WLH

19 posts in this topic

This one is in a PCGS holder. Obv looks PL, hard to tell whats going on on reverse but some die file lines do show.

If you are interested in PL coins, you should start a 20th century type set of them.

I like them but not to the extent of putting together a set. I just would like an example for my favorite series. P$, WLH, Merc, maybe a bust half.

That's a nice walker. I really like the luster and the obverse does look PL. It has a typical weak strike for the date (mostly just in the thumb area) with a few scattered marks. I am guessing that this one is a MS 64. It is a real beauty.

Another nice Walker!

If you are interested in PL coins, you should start a 20th century type set of them.

I like them but not to the extent of putting together a set. I just would like an example for my favorite series. P$, WLH, Merc, maybe a bust half.

I've seen a lot of PL 1941-S Mercs lately. Some are pretty reasonably priced on eBay.

That's a nice walker. I really like the luster and the obverse does look PL. It has a typical weak strike for the date (mostly just in the thumb area) with a few scattered marks. I am guessing that this one is a MS 64. It is a real beauty.

Thanks. Its in an OGH 65.

Thanks. Its in an OGH 65.

(thumbs u Very nice gem.

The holder adds an extra level of coolness IMHO. It is my understanding that the 43-S is tough to find in an OGH.

A MS 66 OGH example (with a nice strike and surfaces) just sold at Heritage for a whopping $2800! A 66 is usually a $375-550 coin. In 67 the retail value is $5750 but a 66+ is only about $1000-1500. Someone must have been thinking 67 and no there was no bean of any kind.

I was gonna bid on it, until the prices reached Zero Gravity. :makepoint::grin:

The holder adds an extra level of coolness IMHO. It is my understanding that the 43-S is tough to find in an OGH.

A MS 66 OGH example (with a nice strike and surfaces) just sold at Heritage for a whopping $2800! A 66 is usually a $375-550 coin. In 67 the retail value is $5750 but a 66+ is only about $1000-1500. Someone must have been thinking 67 and no there was no bean of any kind.

Hey, people always say you cant grade from pics. I think you can and a lot of people make money buyinf from pics and upgrading. Maybe that guy had a read on that one. Do you have a link handy? Ill search for it if not and see how nice it is. That is quite a jump in price.

Hey, people always say you cant grade from pics. I think you can and a lot of people make money buyinf from pics and upgrading. Maybe that guy had a read on that one. Do you have a link handy? Ill search for it if not and see how nice it is. That is quite a jump in price.

1943-S 66 OGH Link

Just looks like a nice MS 66 to me.

I think that someone paid up for the slab.

I like the reverse of the HA coin. the strike looks crisp for San Francisco and clean wings. The bummer about the obverse is the bullet hole in the jaw of miss liberty.

1943-S 66 OGH Link

Just looks like a nice MS 66 to me.

I think that someone paid up for the slab.

Thanks. I agree with kmag. Reverse looks 67 but the obv has 2 too many ticks, the gunnsot on the ear and a little tick on the sun stands out.

This one is in a PCGS holder. Obv looks PL, hard to tell whats going on on reverse but some die file lines do show.

Do you have it in hand? This looks like one where the picture is taken to try to emphasize a PL-ish look, but it probably won't be quite as noticeable in hand. This is only a guess, and I hope I'm wrong.

As for the other PL series you mentioned: you've already got the Peace, and the Merc is super easy to get. The Bust Half is my white whale...

Do you have it in hand? This looks like one where the picture is taken to try to emphasize a PL-ish look, but it probably won't be quite as noticeable in hand. This is only a guess, and I hope I'm wrong.

As for the other PL series you mentioned: you've already got the Peace, and the Merc is super easy to get. The Bust Half is my white whale...

It was suppose to be delivered today but ended up in the next town over. Who knows now when I will have it in hand.

I did get the other one with the * and it looks nice. But I actually think this one may have even more proofy-like look than the * one. I know the pic is not great but my studied guess it is more drastic and may have a shot on the reverse as well.