• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Very sad news today...

19 posts in this topic

Very sad news today. I had heard the reports on Wednesday, but today it was confirmed. A very nice gentleman by the name of Bentley Brookes was murdered at a bullion shop in Vancouver, WA that I frequented. He was a very warm hearted and helpful man. He treated my children very kindly and would give them paper and crayons to draw with while he and I conversed and looked at coins. I was going to go see him this weekend, until I heard the news. He will be missed and I hope they catch the scum bag that killed him.

They have released photo's of a suspect. I will be following this story and hopefully see it through to justice.

Man murdered KGW news

Terrible. Just terrible.

Bentley Brookes looked like a really nice guy, too. You can just tell.

Every photo of him online exudes a warmth of character and compassion.

The girl in the released photos...six photos...as this leaks out to the surrounding communities...probably a dozen have recognized her who may be her "friends."

These "friends" will cover for her for a day or so, but they'll eventually slip up, talk about it, tell someone, who will tell someone, and someone else, and then the long arm of the law will reach out and seize her, with a ferocity such that she won't know what hit her, and then the wheels of justice will come crashing down on her small, little, petty, gangsta lifestyle of thuggery.

This is very sad news. It is a reflection of what this country is coming to with respect to crime and lack of respect for honest citizens. It seems that those in the rare coin and bullion business are prime targets given the events of recent months.

Terrible. Just terrible.

Bentley Brookes looked like a really nice guy, too. You can just tell.

Every photo of him online exudes a warmth of character and compassion.

You are absolutely correct. He was the friendliest dealer in the entire Portland/Vancouver area. I will miss him.

I was sorry to read the news; fortunately it looks like the police are hot on the suspects case, I got this from Numismatic crime center overnight:

Murder Suspect

Vancouver Washington police are investigating the murder of a coin shop employee which occurred on November 25, 2015. The victim identified as Bentley Brooks was employed at Pacific Bullion Precious Metals. Death was due to a gunshot wound. Vancouver police have released the following suspect photo.

http://files.ctctcdn.com/f0e00abc001/78e9916b-bba3-40ff-9ff2-659028e61eda.jpg

At the current time no other information is being released regarding the investigation. Additional information will be sent out as soon as possible.

Anyone with information should contact:

Doug Davis

817-723-7231

Doug@numismaticcrimes.org

The suspect is apparently dead; killed trying to flee from the law:

Suspect Killed

Vancouver police have advised that the suspect in the Pacific Bullion Precious

Metals Coin Shop murder was killed in a car crash in California. The suspect was

identified as Aliana Siufanua, 18 of Des Moines a city some 150 miles north of

Vancouver. Siufanua was a passenger in a vehicle being driven by a subject

identified as Thomas Leae. The vehicle, a Honda, had been stolen and was being

pursued by the California Highway Patrol. The vehicle crashed during the pursuit

severely injuring the driver Leae and killing Siufanua. The relationship between

Siufanua and Leae is unkown. The investigation is on-going.

Doug Davis

Founder/President

NCIC

817-723-7231

Doug@numismaticcrimes.org