• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do ebay bucks work ?

8 posts in this topic

I know they can buy things but......

I just used mine to make a purchase. The total purchase price still shows up in my Paypal account as a debit. When I opened up the item in Paypal, it says it was paid by the voucher, yet still shows up as a debit. Is that how it is ?

Paul

they lower the purchase price

Yes, I understand that they're supposed to do that. My question is that if they are supposed to be money, why does my Paypal account show a debit. It looks like the money was taken out of my Paypal account.

Paul

Did you remember to plug in the ebay bucks into the computer USB outlet?

While Roger is joking, he is partially correct. On the Paypal checkout page, you have to click a button to tell it to use the Ebay Bucks - it doesn't happen automatically. Did you click that button?

Did you remember to plug in the ebay bucks into the computer USB outlet?

While Roger is joking, he is partially correct. On the Paypal checkout page, you have to click a button to tell it to use the Ebay Bucks - it doesn't happen automatically. Did you click that button?

Yes, I did. The purchase price went to zero on the invoice as the bucks covered it completely. I probably got the item for the bucks, but it still shows a debit on my Paypal history page for the cost of the item.

Has anyone used their bucks and still seen a debit in your Paypal account ?

Thanks for the replies folks !

Paul

I see it like a 2% discount on your purchases for the previous quarter to be applied after that period. Follow their instructions on redemption per the you've got ebay bucks email (my favorite email from them). At times I have manually had to add the redeem code on checkout to actually get it. This last time a reference book was free and the 95c remainder was deducted on another purchase.

A lot of times it pays for reference books or supplies.