• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Heritage site is live!

22 posts in this topic

The new site is live, and we hope it is an improvement to your collecting experience. While we believe it is an improvement overall, it is specifically designed to be fully responsive with smaller devices such as tablets and phones.

We welcome your feedback to help us improve: Feedback link

In my opinion, a large step forward for users of small hand-held devices, and a large step backward to users of desktop and laptop computers. (Specifically, much less efficient and informative.)

The biggest improvement is the quality of the coin photos. It took me a while with the old site to learn to read the photos. With your new site's photos, there is no guessing on what the coin looks like. I also do like the pan over the coin to get a lager view of the photo.

It was not too bad for the first time using the site, but I did get booted back to the home page once, and I had to re-enter my password, but I am not sure what I did.

I submitted this feedback:

Please, please, PLEASE make it possible to set defaults for "Sort by".

"Best Match" is an absurdly useless choice when searching the archives. "Most Recent Sales" is far more useful.

On a positive note, I really like that making the site mobile-friendly FINALLY convinced the good folks at Heritage to get rid of all the awful, distracting "mouse over" popups.

There is no more switch to full site button, as it is now unnecessary. The new mobile site has all the functionality of the full site.

Stewart,

I happen to love the new site. Clean redesign, and the image zooming is really nice.

In general, I think it would be nice to have a new filter on the left for items with/without images.

Thanks,

AJ

On a positive note, I really like that making the site mobile-friendly FINALLY convinced the good folks at Heritage to get rid of all the awful, distracting "mouse over" popups.

When you've done a search there is a list of coins with small photos. The "mouse over" in that place, which still exists BTW, is of GREAT help.

I don't know in what circumstance they are distracting. hm

jom

We are listening to your feedback. We've made the following tweaks for people using full-sized browsers:

On the closeup page, the bid/price overlay at the bottom of the page is now much smaller by default. If you mouse over it, it will rise, allowing you to place bids.

On the item pages, we have switched the locations of the item description and the auction information. The item description is now immediately under the bid box.

Most likely on Monday, we will significantly increase the sizes of the thumbnail images on the search page in List View. Further improvements are also underway.

Thank you for all your input!

It appears that "mintage" is no longer included in search results for individual coins. Was that omission by intent?

No changes whatsoever were made to what shows on the search results. Mintage is shown for coins in Internet auctions and Non-floor sessions of Signature auctions, but only if we have the mintage for the issue. This means that for things like varieties, Colonials, Territorial Gold and the like, no mintage will show.

The search page has never shown mintages for coins in Live sessions of Signature auctions, and that is not likely to change. Mintage figures, when available, are always shown on the item page itself.

It appears that "mintage" is no longer included in search results for individual coins. Was that omission by intent?

No changes whatsoever were made to what shows on the search results. Mintage is shown for coins in Internet auctions and Non-floor sessions of Signature auctions, but only if we have the mintage for the issue. This means that for things like varieties, Colonials, Territorial Gold and the like, no mintage will show.

The search page has never shown mintages for coins in Live sessions of Signature auctions, and that is not likely to change. Mintage figures, when available, are always shown on the item page itself.

Here's a walkthrough:

Go here -> http://coins.ha.com/

Click "Search Auction Archives"

Enter "1890-cc ms64" into Search (no quotes)

So the first wacky thing I want to ask is, why does "SOLD COLLECTIBLES & ART" show up as one of the filters?? I am doing a COIN search!

Anyhow, I clicked on Lot 4912

http://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/silver-and-related-dollars/1890-cc-1-ms64-deep-mirror-prooflike-ngc-cac-vam-3/a/1221-4912.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Is mintage supposed to be noted?

I like the ability to go super large on the images.

What happened to the past auction pricing and price guides at each listing? That is a big, big, downer.

doh!

What happened to the past auction pricing and price guides at each listing? That is a big, big, downer.

doh!

Those are there, but may not load immediately.

Here's a walkthrough:

Go here -> http://coins.ha.com/

Click "Search Auction Archives"

Enter "1890-cc ms64" into Search (no quotes)

So the first wacky thing I want to ask is, why does "SOLD COLLECTIBLES & ART" show up as one of the filters?? I am doing a COIN search!

Anyhow, I clicked on Lot 4912

http://coins.ha.com/itm/morgan-dollars/silver-and-related-dollars/1890-cc-1-ms64-deep-mirror-prooflike-ngc-cac-vam-3/a/1221-4912.s?ic4=ListView-ShortDescription-071515

Is mintage supposed to be noted?

1. Collectibles & Art is a catchall phrase that covers everything we sell. It includes coins (which I've been told are collectible :)).

2. Mintage would not be noted in the search results for this coin because it is in a live session.

3. Mintage is also not noted in the item page for this coin because it is a DMPL. Basically, the data we use treats it as a variety; the same thing would happen for PLs. Compare lot 4910 in the same auction, which doesn't have the DMPL designation and does have the mintage noted. This is not something that changed with the new site. It is something that we will likely change for DMPLs (but not varieties) at some point.

As of today, the thumbnail sizes of items in the list view of the search results (default for coins) have been increased about 70%. We thank you for your suggestions!

We are continuing to make tweaks and changes, and have other neat features coming in the weeks ahead.

I am sort of getting used to the new site on my desktop computer at home but

when you click on search for coins usa and world

how can you see the listing for usa coins like in the last before the upgrade? where then you can click on the series as below and enter a date mintmark combo etc??

colonials

large cents

indian head cents

Lincoln centd

early halfdimes

bust halfdimes

seatedhalfdimes

and so on??

thank you

doh!

Those are there, but may not load immediately.

Yup, you're right. My bad. :blush: