• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2015 Business Strike Submittal Results posted by walnutto

12 posts in this topic

• Member: Seasoned Veteran

The 2015 Roosevelt MS69 FT dime was a real surprise so

was the 2015 Bombay MS67 PL quarter.

Over all, not too bad. My real desire is with the Presidential Dollars. The series is about to come to a close too. Only one MS68 dollar of the ones I submitted. I had bought 55 Mint sets and did not find many at all to send it.

The 2015 Roosevelt MS69 FT dime was a real surprise so

was the 2015 Bombay MS67 PL quarter. This is my first PL quarter too.

I will let you ponder over the results below. It was fun as usual but not sure what my plans will be when the President series ends.

001 2015 1C MS 67 RD

002 2015 1C MS 67 RD

003 2015 P 5C MS 67 6FS

004 2015 P 5C MS 67 6FS

005 2015 P 5C MS 67 6FS

006 2015 P 5C MS 67 6FS

007 2015 P 5C MS 66 6FS

008 2015 D 5C MS 67 6FS

009 2015 D 5C MS 67 6FS

010 2015 D 5C MS 68 6FS

011 2015 D 5C MS 67 6FS

012 2015 P 10C MS 68 FT

013 2015 D 10C MS 69 FT

014 2015 P BOMBAY HOOK 25C MS 68

015 2015 D BOMBAY HOOK 25C MS 67 PL

016 2015 P KISATCHIE 25C MS 67

017 2015 P SARATOGA 25C MS 67

018 2015 P HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 67

019 2015 P HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 67

020 2015 P HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 67

021 2015 P HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 67

022 2015 D HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 68

023 2015 D HARRY S. TRUMAN $1 MS 67

024 2015 P JOHN F. KENNEDY $1 MS 67

025 2015 P JOHN F. KENNEDY $1 MS 67

026 2015 P JOHN F. KENNEDY $1 MS 67

027 2015 D JOHN F. KENNEDY $1 MS 67

028 2015 P SACAGAWEA MOHAWK IRONWORKERS $1 MS 67

See more journals by walnutto

...and what was paid to have someone slab $28 of pocket change? OK, you're boosting the economy and providing work for graders and others, but what might you have done with the same $$ that could benefit your family or others?

I simply do not understand the compulsion.....

...and what was paid to have someone slab $28 of pocket change? OK, you're boosting the economy and providing work for graders and others, but what might you have done with the same $$ that could benefit your family or others?

I simply do not understand the compulsion.....

If you read the original post, you would know that the original poster had "fun" with this. That is what coin collecting should be about, not strictly adhering to someone's pre-conceived notion of what they think coin collecting should be.

Don't ya just hate it when a pompous @ss rains on your picnic. This is a hobby not a retirement plan. because NGC says your collection is worth $50.000.00 + means nothing, try and get that for it. you'll be very lucky to get $20,000 out of it.

Wallnutto enjoy your hobby and just don't listen to the nay sayers

Happy Collecting and God Bless...WM Fielding

This is why you have to truly admire both WM and 6MR. Me ? I have neither the enthusiastic passion nor the financial resources (read disposable income) to afford the submittal of modern coinage. I basically am relegated to buying the older "pre owned" issues, and only a few at that.

Same as with Pro V1's, I buy the more "experienced" ones at $19 per dozen, unfortunately a few appear not well trained by their previous owners and still tend to stray from their planned shot trajectory.

Cheers!

Rich

Beauty of the hobby is that even opposing perspectives can both be correct. I would like to think that most of us who are participating in collecting and “The Forum” are doing so for pleasure. That might be pleasure from putting together the finest set of Goldbrecht dollars or assembling a collection of Lincoln Memorial Cents by date only or anything in between.

There is also a slippery slope that some collectors tumble down. When the submission of coins becomes a form of gambling it may or may not be a problem. You submit your coins, put in your money and pull the lever and wait to see what comes up on the grading wheel. The same can be argued for getting heavily involved in the auction market. In either case the only person who really knows whether it is just fun or has become a problematic obsession is the collector him or herself.

Sorry to get dark on everyone but I do see both sides of the argument. It breaks my heart when an elderly person comes in with a box full of modern coins in elaborate packaging that they purchased from telemarketers on TV and expect to cash in only to find but they have is worth little more than face value or at best silver melt. There is a very real predatory side to our hobby. It certainly unlikely that people sophisticated enough to participate in this chat board would fall victims to such scams… But then again, who are the Numismatic experts that are on TV and God only knows how they sleep at night.

I wish everybody fun and prosperity in this HOBBY. Some use it as an investment tool as well, to them I just hope they have more books than coins.

John

Those tried and true PRO V1's will hit as good as the shiny new ones!!! Remember the days of Balata? If you sneezed on one it would cut!!!

Bud

Don't ya just hate it when a pompous @ss rains on your picnic. This is a hobby not a retirement plan. because NGC says your collection is worth $50.000.00 + means nothing, try and get that for it. you'll be very lucky to get $20,000 out of it.

Wallnutto enjoy your hobby and just don't listen to the nay sayers

Happy Collecting and God Bless...WM Fielding

I saw nothing pompous in the post. And RWB's failing to understand the actions of the coin submitter are understandable. Personally, I do understand such actions, but I still wouldn't engage in them, myself. To each his own.

It's all just a "FUN RUN"!! :)

A modern year run of business strike coins (30 different coins per year +/-). What a challenge to complete even one rank #1 set in the dates. The Lincolns are tough, then you need FT dimes and FS nickels. Top that off with trying to find MS68/69 for each selection Penn. and San Fran. --- 25c, 50c, and $1's.

A CHALLENGE for sure!!

ENJOY :banana: