• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Everyone -- congratulate me on my NEWP!!!

15 posts in this topic

I just found out that I won lot 1153 of the 2/20 Kolbe numislit auction.

Lot 1153 is a complete run of the John Reich Journal, from issue 1 (1/86) to 43 (10/02), virtually as new, and including both varieties of the 9/86 (third) issue.

At the risk of sounding like a complete and total geek... I can't wait to get them and start reading! Most importantly, I'll have the latest printed JRCS census data for the various denominations and their die varieties!

laugh.gif

EVP

superlative!]

from my experiences you will find other information about your specific pre 1835 silver federal coinAGE that you own by reading these back issues!

a true collector!!!!!!

and usually with regards to the dreaded coin investment scheme ...................

the true collectors are usually the ones that make out the best investment wise if i can use such a word with regards to coins

sincerely michael

I have the complete set for the first five years in the special binder that they offered at the time (and most of the others thru 2001) all collected myself (I missed being a charter member of JRCS by 6 days frown.gif ). But with moving and all my membership expired about a year ago and I have never got around to rejoining.

Congrats EVP! I sent in my membership to the JCRS, haven't heard anything back yet. I bid in the last Lake books sale, but did not win (I was tied on the lot!) What is the sale you are talking about? I am trying to get as many books at auctions as I can, so if you know of any others, let me know!

Darin,

Quiz? You mean like trivia questions? Numismatically-related trivia questions? Here? Me? Who woulda thunk it?

wink.gif

Chris,

Thanks for the suggestion about bagging 'em.

EVP

PL,

Johann (John) Reich was one of America's earliest examples of what makes this great: he was an indentured servant from one of the German States, and eventually came to work at the new nation's Mint as (I think) an engraver. As luck would have it, he became responsible for some of the designs on our earlier coinage.

The JRJ is devoted solely to Bust coinage.

EVP