• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is 2015 the "Year of the Roosevelt Dime for NGC?"

15 posts in this topic

Friends,

Some amazing accomplishments have been made so far this year in the silver Roosevelt set. First, I completed an all FT here at NGC, just a few days ago. Now a good friend has completed the first all NGC star Roosevelt set, in MS67! Congrats Lablover!!

Seven Stars Collection

Lablover's star collection was a fun view for me!

I don't collect for registry points, but I'm curious about his set in this regard. I noted that his 1960-D dime had the highest number of registry points of all of his high grade dimes. Anyone care to guess why that would be for this coin? Can't be a mintage rarity factor.

Jason,

Thank you so much for noting the Seven Stars Set... :blush:

It was a fun set to put together. And, to reach the goal of being the first complete set with MS67 Star's is kind of cool. The only thing better would to have had all coins in FT Star's. But, I'll leave that for you to complete...

I wish I could find Roosies like that. Any more where those came from?

Yes, most of us Roosie guy's have duplicates...need some?

Thanks all for the kind comments...

Jim

Erwindoc, if you had to choose ONE of your FT collection, which one would it be?

Please show an image.

Hands down, the 47S MS67*FT that is in my collection. Solid blue reverse with speckles of purple near the rim. It has a nearly solid blue obverse. It is reverse holdered and it is the gem of my entire coin collection. My photos that are in my set do it no justice, but you can click on my banner and go right to it or to any of the other coins in the set.

Hands down, the 47S MS67*FT that is in my collection.

Your 54-D ain't to shabby either!!! I've held that one in my hands and it's a real beauty. The 54-S I owned and it's pretty nice too.

Yeah, that one is pretty nice too. Makes the bust really pop out of the coin.

I bet you might have seen the 47S at some point. It came from Craig's old set from years ago.

Both your set and Jim's star set are very impressive. Now comes the hard part, try to upgrade them. Not with plastic upgrades but with better coins. I've faced that challenge for some time. It's the coin that matters not the plastic.

Funny you mentioned upgrades! I just spent the last several minutes searching the census, just to see what was out there. Turns out that an all MS67*FT set will be out of the question, too many slots with a zero population! I could probably find a few other 67*FTs from other collectors that I could add to my set, but I'd guess that the others with populations of 1-2 might have been crossed over or are in private sets not on the registry.