• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Issues uploading images

5 posts in this topic

After taking a lot of photos I've been working to upload images for the coins in my collection that are missing them. While I've been successful with uploading most that I have tried, time and again I run into an image that the website won't take. After that happens, no images will go, so I'm forced to restart the browser and try again. I've found that images which seemed to have caused the upload to fail are ones that I'm never able to get the website to accept. These images are all in the 2Mb to 2.3Mb size range. When they fail, I'm knocked back to the collection manager instead of the set within the control panel, so it appears as if the error is causing an internal cascade of errors within the page.

Can you help and tell me what is going on?

Thanks!

• Administrator

RWW,

Thank for the question. Those images are a bit large for our program to accommodate. We would recommend that you reduce the images, and try again. Please let us know if you experience any other issues.

From the ‘My Collection’ menu click ‘Collection Manager’:

Click the edit icon that appears in front of the item you wish to edit:

Click Browse to search your computer for photos and click Save when you are finished. You are permitted to upload two photos per coin.

Click the 'Back to Collection Manager' link in the upper right corner of the screen to return to your full Collection Manager inventory list.

The interesting thing is that other images slightly larger than the ones that wouldn't go were uploaded without issue.

I'll try reducing them a bit to see if that makes your upload process happier but it is inconsistent that larger images were accepted and other smaller ones weren't.

I'm still having issues. I have an 850K image file for the Obverse of a coin and a 1.1Mb file for the Reverse. When I try to upload both, it fails and drops me back to the Edit Coin screen. So I exited IE and came back in to try just the 850K image for the obverse with the same results. Here's the rub - before this issue I had just successfully uploaded images for a number of coins with none of them being under 900k in size and some were over 1.1Mb.

Something is afoot. Is there a technical resource I could send a few images to so they could try uploading them to see why they're failing?

• Administrator

RWW,

Sorry to hear you are still having issues. Can you please forward your images to dena@ngccoin.com, so we can look into this? Thanks.