• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post a MS67 or better coin

83 posts in this topic

67 with unique toning

IMG_4034-horz_zpsec91b570.jpg

Lots of really nicely toned coins in this thread ! This thread delivers !

But this one - now thats cool... and quite difficult to explain. Beautiful coin with beautiful unique toning. I have never seen anything like it.

67 with unique toning

IMG_4034-horz_zpsec91b570.jpg

But this one - now thats cool... and quite difficult to explain. Beautiful coin with beautiful unique toning. I have never seen anything like it.

My guess is that the coin was stored in a 2x2 and the mylar window became compromised, facilitating the leeching of chemicals necessary to cause toning from the environment near the tear.

MikeW -

I absolutely LOVE your 43-D nickel. What a stunner it is!

Thanks! It certainly has a lot going for it.

Seeing all of these beautiful Walkers has me inspired. Now if I can only find what I want at a reasonable price.....

Lovely PL and toned pieces Tyler!

+1

I know some shy away from heavy die polish lines. Personally I like the look. That 41S does it for me.

Again, I see a Walker purchase in my immediate near future!

I know some shy away from heavy die polish lines. Personally I like the look. That 41S does it for me.

I really like the die polish lines too. I enjoy almost anything that makes a coin different from the rest (and is not totally distracting).

The latest addition too my doubled die Lincoln cent set. NGC MS67RD 1972 Doubled Die Lincoln Memorial CAC certified. NGC grades 8 in MS67RD with none higher and CAC only certifies 3 in this grade with none higher from NGC or PCGS

151747.jpg.df078a82c992e043b4a77895395e6724.jpg

151748.jpg.7480257738ef8d639931639324316199.jpg