• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Help Grade my Peace $ NEWP

10 posts in this topic

I've got a grade in my mind, but perhaps I'm being to harsh:

tn_1922 ASL001.jpgtn_1922 ASL002.jpg

The pics (scans) don't do this coin much justice as there is more color around the obv rim, especially through E R T Y in LIBERTY and the coin displays a nice cartwheel on both sides.

tn_1922 ASL005.jpg

tn_1922 ASL004.jpg

Good amount of remaining mint luster on Obverse and Reverse. Weaker strike than average. Nominally MS63. Numerous hits in focal areas, I agree with the majority, MS62.

Carl

Well, appears consensus rule is 62. This is the grade I assigned before posting and that was due mainly to the cheek issues.

There really is more than a good amount of luster showing and I wish I could capture it. I certainly am jealous of those that can take such superb pictures of coins!

I've become more confident in my grading skills, yet realize I still have much to learn. Luster, Strike, Eye Appeal and all those other factors, besides the hits and scrapes, seem the most difficult of concepts to fully grasp.

Mostly, I run silent here, with a post here or there, but I want you all to know I appreciate it.

Thanks!

-doug