• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

THis can't be genuine......1794 dollar....ebay.....

16 posts in this topic

The shape of the digits in the date are wrong, but it does make one look for a while to find the differences between this thing and the real coin.

If this was real it is well worth getting it certified. I'd say a genuine example like this could fetch $20 grand or more.

I couldn't even begin to tell you what the edge lettering is supposed to look like...anyone?

It looks pretty similar to the edge letting on a 1795 dollar, but it's been so long since I've seen the edge letting because of slabbing that I honestly can't remember. I have never seen the edge of a 1794 U.S. silver dollar. In "the good old days" they were usually mounted in 2X2's of some kind, not displayed bare in envelopes like old time dealers used to do.

Make him a wager; if it grades you keep it. If it fails to slab, he pays all fees, accepts the return and reasonable fees associated with the unhelpful practice of trying to get many thousands of dollars for a fake that he was too lazy to get certified.

Make him a wager; if it grades you keep it. If it fails to slab, he pays all fees, accepts the return and reasonable fees associated with the unhelpful practice of trying to get many thousands of dollars for a fake that he was too lazy to get certified.
After viewing his feedback, I bet he would not know what "If it grades" means. He seems to sell a lot of antique gun parts, knifes and jewelry.

badly worn coins don't have a million scratches running every which way. That thing has been sandpapered to death. I wouldn't touch it.

Those are 'adjustment' marks. :insane:

It's up to 11K :o

It's a better fake than most. There are some problems with the date and the the berries on the wreath are not right, but they have the leaf positions and the other major leaf letter positions etc correct.

On Nov-11-14 at 16:00:56 PST, seller added the following information:

I have been told that this coin is a fake. I don't want to do anything wrong, so, if you think the coin is a fake, please cancel your bid.