• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

If you want to see images of a lot of counterfeit Morgan and Trade Dollars

16 posts in this topic

Are his slabs counterfeit as well ?

I looked up the 21 Morgan, graded MS62 by NGC. The coin/slab listed appears to be the same one that's on the NGC Certification page.

Problem is, he states there are more than 10 available - He doesn't say it's a stock photo so I'm wondering - do all 10+ have the same cert #??? Could he be that stupid???

Unfortunately he keeps all of his sales private. He does have a 14 day return policy, I'm tempted to purchase two and see what cert. #'s come.

Look at all of the positive feedback. How many got ripped off and are thrilled?

Shame on eBay for allowing this to continue even after they've been informed of seller's shenanigans.

It appears the decision between greed and ethics puts eBay in quite a quandary. On second thought, going by their decision to allow it to continue, it appears there's no quandary at all hm

You guys shouldn't focus on the China aspect of the listings. Unfortunately, there are a great many counterfeits sold in the U.S., too. The coins might start out in China, but many of them are now sold by U.S. sellers.

EBay is worthless in terms of regulating its site. If eBay was serious about curbing this sort of abuse, it would have banned this seller and his IP address.
You do realize, even if they banned his ip address, he could reset his router and create a whole new ip address in which he could use to do this all over again. Ip banning is a waste of time because people can easily get passed it.

EBay is worthless in terms of regulating its site. If eBay was serious about curbing this sort of abuse, it would have banned this seller and his IP address.
You do realize, even if they banned his ip address, he could reset his router and create a whole new ip address in which he could use to do this all over again. Ip banning is a waste of time because people can easily get passed it.

I don't think that's adequate reason not to take action.

I don't think that's adequate reason not to take action.

Its only stopping them for a few minutes until they reset the router and back to scams.

If the coins are counterfeit he is breaking several Federal Laws. If Ebay is allowing his fraudulent activity to go on their site they become an accomplices to a Federal offense and can be indited as well.

I know what you mean about trying to get Ebay to do anything about this. I purchased several silver eagles for Christmas gifts a couple of years ago from a guy who was selling a ton of them. After inspection I was not sure about them. I could not tell you exactly why. I just knew something was not right. They we real good fakes. good enough to fool 100% of regular folk and 75% of collectors and 50% of so called dealers. So I did a weight test and they were all different weights from 4 grains over to two grains under.

Normally US Mint coins can be a grain or two over but they are almost never under and modern coins are NEVER under. But I still was not positive enough to accuse him.

So I did an acid test on one of them and there was not much silver in them or maybe they were plated and that registered a bit of silver content. But for sure they were not .999 fine.

I told ebay and they did nothing. So I told him what I thought and he gave me my money back even for the acid tested one. Now I wish I would have kept that one just for show and tell.