• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turn This Nickel Into Gold

4 posts in this topic

With the GOLD talk going on thought you all might like to see what I got in the mail today:

freemoney001.jpg

Poor Jeff is pretty beat up:

freemoney002.jpg

Don't fret though:

How to Make Fake Gold from Nickels

In all seriousness though: this fund raising letter seeks support for the USA Shooting Team. The intro reads:

When you and I were growing up, 5¢ seemed like a lot of money. Unfortunately, we both know that a nickel doesn't go very far in today's world. But you might be amazed at how quickly nickels add up.

How many Nickels do you think they send out during a direct marketing campaign and do you think donations increase because of this?

That looks like it will be a successful fund raising campaign.

I often get TV watching surveys from Nielson or some such. They come with a crisp paper dollar in the hope that it entices you to do the survey. It always works on me.....

Paul

for the fundraiser

90%++++ usually goes to the fundraiser the rest towards the charity

yes for telemarketing cold calls

not so for direct mail that is geared towards a target audience from specific mailing list

the making gold from nickels project does not look like a chemistry project you would want your kids to try...