• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Selling odds 'n ends - raw and slabbed coins - FSH Only - Pricers Lowered!

3 posts in this topic

It's time for me to clear out a few odds 'n ends I've collected over the years. All prices include shipping. Acceptable payments include a check that must clear before I ship, or Paypal plus 3% of the selling price to cover the juice.

Sorry for all the images and thanks for looking!

Raw Coins

Group of 5 large cents - $45 $35

There are 5 large cents in this group - all have been around the block more than twice with two of them being enjoyed so much their dates can't be read. The other three include the following: 1833 - which is somewhere between AG and G; 1835 - this one would be a great fine+ but porosity on the obverse knocks the grade down to VG; 1847 - this is a full fine and looks good on both sides. I'm selling these as a group just to make it easy for them to find a new home.

LargeCentsObverse.jpg

LargeCentsReverse.jpg

1883 Liberty Nickel - No Cents - $30 $25

A nice coin I'd grade to be in MS62 condition or thereabouts. There is a lovely shade of steel blue toning on the periphery on both sides that doesn't show on the images because my skills aren't sufficient to capture it.

1883NickelObverse.jpg

1883NickelReverse.jpg

1906 Liberty Nickel - $30 $25

I grade this coin grades to be AU50. The obverse shows typical wear on the highest part of the hair and the fields are clear. The reverse has several marks in the center near the V and slight wear on the devices.

1906NickelObverse.jpg

1906NickelReverse.jpg

1943/2 Jefferson Nickel - $30 $25

A close-up is included that shows the telltale diagonal mark of the 3 over 2 overdate extending from the lower part of the 3. Although a nice example, this nickel has seen its share of wear and grades as a VG.

43_Over_42_CloseUp.jpg

1943Over2NickelObverse.jpg

1943Over2NickelReverse.jpg

NGC Slabbed Coins

1938-D Jefferson Nickel MS65 - $22.50 $18

Nice original skin on this example with some great that make the nickel appear dark in my images. The colors are especially nice on the reverse: greens, pinks, and yellows; there are some muted greens and yellows on the obverse. A hit on Tom's hairline cost the coin's grade at least one point.

1938D_Jefferson.jpg

1938D_JeffersonObverse.jpg

1938D_JeffersonReverse.jpg

1965 SMS Jefferson Nickel MS67 - $30 $25

When I submitted this one to our hosts there were visions of Cameo in my brain - but alas, it wasn't to be. The reverse looks to be an Ultra Cam, but it appears either the contrast isn't sufficient on the obverse or the mirrors aren't strong enough. Either way, it's a beautiful example of an SMS nickel from '65.

1965Nickel.jpg

1965NickelObverse.jpg

1965NickelReverse.jpg

1958-D Roosevelt Dime MS67 - $30 $25

This one has a nice skin with pale orange toning on both sides. It's a great example for the date and mintmark and just misses on the Full Torch designation.

1958DDime.jpg

1958DDimeReverse.jpg

1958DDimeObverse.jpg

Sold

1957 Proof Set in a Capital Holder

This is a nice proof set with a single-sided cameo half dollar that has nice toning on the reverse, while the dime exhbits cameo contrast on both sides. The set comes in a sharp looking capital plastic holder.

1887-O Morgan Dollar MS61

While there is chatter on both sides of this dollar, MS61 seems to be a bit harsh for the grade based on the appearance. But, that's what this coin is graded, and that's how I'm pricing it.