• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Baseball HOF signature slabs

10 posts in this topic

No offense to our host here but what a let down.

I got really excited when I stumbled across the Baseball HOF slabs with the signatures only to be let down by discovering it is an "authorized facsimile"? Really? Maybe you should have just put a quality picture of the coin in the slab as well...

Thank goodness I didn't pull the trigger on that one.

You wouldn't think that they would authorize that. Looks like another way for ebay sellers to fool unknowledgeable buyers. Unless it is noted that it is a sig copy.

You wouldn't think that they would authorize that. Looks like another way for ebay sellers to fool unknowledgeable buyers. Unless it is noted that it is a sig copy.
Yeah and not only ebay sellers. This email just hit my in box. No where does it state facsimile signature in the e-mail or on their website (tsk) . Esentially you have to zoom the slab to see "Authorized Facsimile"

ParadiseLogo40Smaller.gif

Lots Of New Arrivals :

2015 NGC Graded Major League Baseball Players Association Licensed Hall Of Fame Coins

This is the first 6 players in this new and exciting series. 30 players total will be released. The very popular Derek Jeter Baseball coin is in stock. He is a very popular choice as once his contract ends in December, we will no longer be able to make his label. All players in this series are current ALL STAR Players. Each month 6 new players will be released till all 30 are released. Last mailer we brought you the Mint State Silver Eagles in these labels and they were extremely popular. We expect proof silver eagles in this label in the next couple weeks or less.

This is an official licensed product of the Major League Baseball Players Association and a license fee has been paid to them on each coin. You can visit their website at: www.mlbplayers.com.

Also Just Arrived:

2015 Australia 2oz Silver Lunar Goats Graded by NGC

2015 Australia 10oz Silver Lunar Goats Grade by NGC

2015 1oz Silver Kookaburras Grade by NGC

2014 P Great Sand Dunes 5oz Coin Grade by NGC

2006 and 2008 Burnished Eagles graded by NGC

Coming within the next week:

2014 1 gram Gold Maple Leafs

2014 Mexican 1oz Silver Onza raw and grade by NGC

2014 Proof Silver Eagles in MLB Players Association Label

Several back dated US Commemoratives graded by NGC

Class of 36' NGC Baseball labels including popular Babe Ruth!

But mine says "Ty Cobb" signed it.... :(

Well hey you can add all of the "Class of 36' NGC Baseball labels including popular Babe Ruth!" to you collection :roflmao:

But mine says "Ty Cobb" signed it.... :(
If it's not signed in green ink then it's not real! Did you know he only signed in green? One of those useless pieces of knowledge that's stuck in my head keeping me from being a genius!!

Awww.....mine's singed in dried blood taken from his spikes....but he added a green smiley face.... :)

Anyone can market their signature, likeness, etc. and this often continues in their estate decades after their death.

I believe that this type of thing hurts coin collecting. (my opinion), People buy this type of stuff thinking that it is adding value and in general pay double or more than the underlying coin is worth. Later when they try to sell, find out no dealer will give them anything for the label. This is also true for other labels like "first day of issue". If you don't believe me ask some who bought into first day of issue stamps. Ask them how the stamp collecting field is turning out.

off topic but............Lunar Goats?? Lunar goats?....I know they are good climbers but how the heck did they get all of the way up there?