• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bag toned 1964 D Kennedy half... PICS.

14 posts in this topic

So, I have a "thing" for toned coins, and like tonerguy, I like to find them raw, and submit them. A while back, I visited a coin shop and found a 64 D Kennedy half that looked an awful lot like some bag toned Morgans I have seen... Come to find out, a guy walked in with an original mint bag of Kennedy halves that he bought back in the 60's, and he sold the entire bag to the shop. There were quite a few that had some degree of rainbow toning.. but one is a classic bag toner.

I have never ever seen "bag toning" on a Kennedy half. I had to have it, and even though the toning is a little advanced at the bottom, (and I wish it wasn't), it is still beautiful to look at as far as im concerned. The reds and greens are so rich and vibrant.

Just wanted to share. 1_zpsb21d5f53.jpg

2_zpse07ffaf7.jpg

3_zpse0747fdc.jpg

4_zpse5f47716.jpg

Just thought I would share, I doubt anybody here will think its as cool as I do, but who knows.

I think that is a great coin!!! I love that darker toning.

Simply beautiful ! And its very unique.... thats what I love most about it.

To me that is one of the best feelings in collecting... finding an outstanding raw toner and getting it in a PCGS or NGC slab. I call it making a coin or a grade. Anyone can buy slabbed toners but its a different experience to buy a $10 coin - get it slabbed and make it $100 coin. Even better -- getting a * grade from NGC.

Oh yeah - If you ever get bored of it please let me know. :luhv:

Well, regardless of how its photographed, I cannot say with all honesty that I like the coin,

But as long as you are pleased with it.