• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is it possible to AT a Mint/Proof set?

11 posts in this topic

Is it possible to artificially tone a Proof/Mint set through a case?

Any holder that isnt completely air tight can be subject to doctoring. Ive heard (though never seen) people say that you could tone coins, using gas, through old PCGS "Rattler" holders.

I suggest you read a copy of ->

Coin Chemistry: Including Cleaning and PreservationHardcover– June 1, 2004

by Weimar W. White(Author)

or 2nd edition from 2006

Place pkg in vacuum chamber and remove most of the air. Let "soak" for about 10 minutes. Introduce low density of your favorite contaminant with Nitrogen...stay below 0.25 atmospheres and avoid oxygen.

After an hour or two, vent the chamber and let the coin pkg sit for a few days in a warm room. Enjoy.

Yes it is possible to AT just about any mint item in the original packaging, this is why I doubt the originality of many modern toners despite what some so-called experts want you to believe.

Yes it is possible to AT just about any mint item in the original packaging, this is why I doubt the originality of many modern toners despite what some so-called experts want you to believe.

Gee I wonder who that shot was meant for...... hm

Place pkg in vacuum chamber and remove most of the air. Let "soak" for about 10 minutes. Introduce low density of your favorite contaminant with Nitrogen...stay below 0.25 atmospheres and avoid oxygen.

After an hour or two, vent the chamber and let the coin pkg sit for a few days in a warm room. Enjoy.

Dont forget to Add the seasoning packet