• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

YaaaaHoooo ! Raw Toned Peace $ Sells For Record !

14 posts in this topic

Okay it might not be a record but its certainly quite high for a raw toned Peace $. Its a gamble that may or may not pay off but I love the risk-reward mentality!

Again, Shane's EBay auctions is the seller! Congrats to whomever the consignor was !

$330 for a 22-S - 31 bids - 8 bidders

image.jpg

57_1.jpg

My apologies to RWB in advance for another EBay prices post....

;) Value is the same in a piece of plastic or out of it. Someone wanted the coin and had the means to buy it. Good for them.

The obverse is decent but my own personal thoughts are that the reverse is totally AT and therefore makes the whole coin questionable at best. I would guess that this con has already made the rounds to the TPG's and will not grade again when sent in by the new owner.

;) Value is the same in a piece of plastic or out of it.

Thats simply not true and you should know better. I suspect you are just baiting...

But for those that lurk and/or may not know... a toned Peace $ has much greater fluidity as well value once PCGS or NGC has "blessed" its toning as MA.

IF this coin gets graded as MA by NGC or PCGS and IF its an MS64 I believe its value will be in the $600-$750 range... maybe more.

Its ballsy purchase but the reward might be there....

IF this coin gets graded as MA by NGC or PCGS and IF its an MS64 I believe its value will be in the $600-$750 range... maybe more.

From the images I would have to say there's nothing "MS" about this coin at all. I see wear.

From the images I would have to say there's nothing "MS" about this coin at all. I see wear.

I'm not convinced that the coin isn't uncirculated - you might be seeing weakness in strike, as opposed to wear.

In my opinion it looks like it was dipped and then stored in brown paper or something similar. I have a trade dollar that was bright white from a dip when I bought it. after a few years in an envelope left in a desk both sides looked almost exactly like the rev. of the coin in the OP. If the new owner is happy, great.

Most of the dipped and retoned coins I have seen have much more neon colors and almost a liquid look to the color vs this coin having fairly normal album toning and normal luster. I believe the coin has an MS62/3 obv and MS64 rev and I believe it should grade at NGC or PCGS but I have found these days...nothing is a certainty when dealing with toned coins.

This one needs to go in the coins you are buried in thread.

I have no idea how much this coin is worth in an NGC or PCGS holder but at $600 to $700, I certainly don't see the risk reward trade-off as favorable. I consider it at best mediocre. I have bought numerous coins for much less than $330 which have sold at this price level or more.